Fact and Comment
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Budapest Business Journal;10/3/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p04
This section offers news briefs on Hungary as of October 2014. Cabinet Chief JÃ¡nos LÃ¡zÃ¡r has announced Hungary's plan to establish a national utility provider. The Hungarian state will acquire a stake in gas distributor FogÃ¡z. U.S. President Barack Obama's claim on Hungary's...
- A Prisoner Swap in Ukraine, Closing Arguments in Karadzic Trial. Lawson, Piers; Caloianu, Ioana; Nicholson, Jack; Ryehauge, Anders // Transitions Online;9/29/2014, p1
The article offers international news briefs. Ukrainian officials have met pro-Russian separatists and handed over 60 prisoners to them while receiving 30 Ukrainian soldiers in return. Final arguments have started in the trial of former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic at the UN court in The...
- Steinbrenner: The Last Lion of Baseball. Moores, Alan // Booklist;5/15/2010, Vol. 106 Issue 18, p16
Reviews the book "Steinbrenner: The Last Lion of Baseball," by Bill Madden.
- Despite Austrian uproar, Hungary courts far-right. Jordan, Michael J. // Christian Science Monitor;2/24/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 64, p7
Reports on the support of Prime Minister of Hungary Victor Orban for Austria's Freedom Party leader Jorg Haider, and the European Unions careful watch of both men.
- OUR DEAR FRIEND VIKTOR ORBAN. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;12/11/2013, p1
The article presents the author's views on Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, who turned toward nationalism and realized that the past and myths have greater importance for the majority of Hungarians than the present.
- OrbÃ¡n: More funding for culture, science. // Hungary A.M.;11/18/2013, p1
The article focuses on the declaration made by the Prime Minister of Hungary, Viktor OrbÃ¡n, while attending the opening ceremony of natural science research center at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, for expansion of funding on cultural, intellectual and scientific pursuits.
- Anti-Semitic Party Finishes Third in Hungarian Elections. // Israel Faxx;4/ 7/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 73W, p6
The article reports that Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban said on April 7, 2014 that a weekend poll victory gave him a clear mandate to continue his mission.
- DK accuses gov't of scheme to quit the EU. // Hungary A.M.;8/29/2014, p6
The article discusses deputy leader of Democratic Coalition PÃ©ter NiedermÃ¼ller's comments on Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n's government's decision to quit the European Union.
- OrbÃ¡n to meet EU leaders in Brussels on Jan 30. // Hungary A.M.;01/23/2013, p7
The article announces that Hungary Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n will meet with European Union leaders in Brussels on January 30, 2013 and will address the prospects of strengthening the euro zone during a talk he is scheduled to give at the Bruegel Institute.