- VALUING THE NON-EXECUTIVE ON A GOING CONCERN BASIS. Scott, Gordon // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p87
Focuses on the need for companies to value the contributions of non-executive directors. Role of the non-executive in the growth of a company; Proper way to show company's appreciation of non-executive.
- Working effectively as a team: The board of directors and manager. Kiley, Jim; Schiller, Bob // Management Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p17
Examines the requirements for an effective working relationship between the board of directors and the general manager. Guide for the creation of positive working environment; Board and manager responsibilities; Commandments of effective board/manager relations.
- Corporate boards must give oversight, not micromanage. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/31/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p4A
Focuses on the role of corporate directors on managing businesses in Long Island, New York. Responsibility to monitor the operations of the company; Provision of effective business practices; Enhancement in the relationship of the company with its shareholders.
- A Code of Best Practice. King, Mervyn // New Zealand Management;Nov2003 Director Supplement, p4
Focuses on the guidelines to establishing codes of best practice in a company. Information on qualitative governance; Significance of board appointments; Determination of the corporation's purpose and value.
- Higgs hailed by business leaders. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;8/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the revision of a corporate governance code in Great Britain. Key measures for governance; Purpose of the code; Role of human resource profession in the development of non-executive directors. INSET: KEY MEASURES FOR GOVERNANCE.
- Higgs talks back. Quick, Chris // Accountancy;May2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1317, p5
As controversy builds over his report on non-executive directors, Derek Higgs, chairman of Great Britain Partnerships UK PLC, is standing by his recommendations and answering his critics. He was appointed by the British government to lead a review into the new role and effectiveness of...
- Success through Engaged High- Level Board Members. Hoffman, Bill // Nonprofit World;Jan-Mar2016, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses the ways for the engagement of the board members to the success of nonprofit organization. Topics discussed include the satisfaction of the theoretical sense in the identification of the board members, the orientation which must be given to the board members, and the...
- Building Trust Is Key Retention Factor. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;May2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the continued demand for skill workers and the challenges faced by human resource (HR) professionals in retaining them. Factors considered by employees in changing jobs; Ways to build trusting relationship with employees.
- Job entitlement: Bridging the reality gap. Bevis, Reay // CMA Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p6
Offers advice for management and employees on how to deal with job entitlement. Need to identify changes in values and in management style in the new organization; Necessity of avoiding the temptation to resist change; Realization that constant change is a factor that will endure throughout...