Muni Investors Should Support a Clearer Path to Bankruptcy
- BANKRUPTCIES. Broda, Natalie // Crain's Detroit Business;6/9/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p0010
A list of businesses that have filed for protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Detroit, Michigan from May 30 to June 6, 2014 is presented including DDS PC, Palushi Inc., and Summit Mobility Products Inc.
- Its Your Money. Lunt, Ralph // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2009, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p12
The article offers the author's perspectives regarding the definition of the word different when he said that he used to think that the world, referring to U.S., would be alright, but different. He mentions that a different world means a changing world that sees states go bankrupt, failure of...
- ULTIMATE ELECTRONICS CEASES OPERATIONS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/14/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that consumer electronics retail chain Ultimate Electronics will shutdown operations following its bankruptcy filing on January 26, 2011.
- Ding Dongs Ditched. Shackford, Scott // Reason;Mar2013, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the permission received by Hostess, a Texas-based bakery that went out of business in November 2012 after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection twice within the last 10 years, from a judge to liquidate its assets and sell its holdings as the company.
- Business bankruptcies decrease -- but not here. SADOWSKI, MICHAEL // Central Penn Business Journal;2/14/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on data released by the Administrative Officer of the U.S. Courts in January 2014 which shows that business bankruptcy filings dropped more than 17% throughout the nation and almost 10% in Pennsylvania from 2012 to 2013.
- Value relevance of restructuring charges in firms with varying levels of health. Keener, Mary Hilston // Journal of Finance & Accountancy;Feb2013, Vol. 12, p73
This study examines the usefulness of operational restructurings for companies restructuring for several different reasons, namely healthy companies restructuring to improve their efficiency and financially distressed firms restructuring to avoid filing for bankruptcy. Specifically, this paper...
- Chapter 11. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p23
A definition of the term "Chapter 11," which refers to a U.S. Bankruptcy Code that enables business entities to undergo reorganization proceedings, is presented.
- ABI Provides Review of Mid-Year U.S. Bankruptcy Statistics. // Secured Lender;Oct2011, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses bankruptcy statistics reported by the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) for the first half of 2011. While data reveal that U.S. bankruptcies filed during January to June 2011 dropped eight percent over year-ago levels, the April to June figures showed total bankruptcy...
- Factors Associated with Hospital Bankruptcies: A Political and Economic Framework. Yarbrough, Amy; Landry III, Robert J. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p252
Between 2000 and 2006, 42 U.s. acute care hospitals filed for bankruptcy protection under federal law. This article explores hospital bankruptcies over a six-year period. Bankrupt hospitals are compared with their competitors, and hospitals surviving bankruptcy are compared with those...