Psychological debriefing in schools
- The role of the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) process in disaster counseling. Everly Jr., George S. // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Jul95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p278
Discusses the role of the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) process in disaster counseling. Definition and overview of the subject of psychotraumatology; Development of the CISD process in 1983; CISD as a process; Stages of CISD; Mechanisms of CISD's effectiveness.
- TM Effective Antidote to Stress: UCLA Survey. // India -- West;11/25/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1, pB26
The article reports on a study in the "Journal of Instructional psychology," which revealed the efficacy of Transcendental Meditation (TM) in reducing psychological distress among public school students.
- DIARY. // Community Care;11/13/2003, Issue 1498, p29
Presents a weeklong activity as a social worker in a local education authority's behavior support team in Great Britain. Home visit to a teenage patient; Meeting with the medics and the child and adolescent mental health services team taking care of Sean, a six-year-old patient; Participation...
- Evaluation of Stress Debriefing Interventions with Military Populations. MacDonald, Catherine M. // Military Medicine;Dec2003, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p961
Military members are frequently exposed to traumatic events. In an attempt to mitigate the psychological impact of traumatic events, formal interventions, such as Critical Incident Stress Debriefing and Process Debriefing, have been developed and implemented. Through a literature review of...
- Debriefing. Redmond, Anthony D. // Emergency Medicine Journal;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p605
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article by R. Doy, E. J. Blowers and E. Sutton about critical incident stress debriefing.
- Effectiveness on Mental Health of Psychological Debriefing for Crisis Intervention in Schools. Yifeng Wei; Szumilas, Magdalena; Kutcher, Stan // Educational Psychology Review;Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p339
The purpose of this paper is to provide a summary of evidence for the effectiveness and safety of commonly used crisis interventions in schools, such as critical incident stress debriefing (CISD), critical incident stress management (CISM), and psychological debriefing (PD). Two researchers...
- Causes of Students' Violence at AL-Hussein Bin Talal University. Alrawwad, Theeb M.; Alrfooh, Atif Eid // International Education Studies;Mar2014, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p30
This study aimed at identifying the causes of students' violence from the student's point of view, and also aimed at investigating the proper solutions to reduce the spread of violence at AL- Hussein Bin Talal University. The study sample consisted of (906) male and female students from...
- Assessing patient satisfaction in an Australian primary mental health care context. King, Kylie; Nicholas, Angela; Fletcher, Justine; Bassilios, Bridget; Reifels, Lennart; Pirkis, Jane // Advances in Mental Health;Dec2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p161
This paper presents the first attempt to provide a national snapshot of patient satisfaction with the Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) programme in Australia. ATAPS is funded by the Department of Health and Ageing and provides focussed psychological strategies to patients with...
- NFFF program helps departments address PTSD, firefighter behavioral health. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/18/2013, p1
The article focuses on the Consensus Approach to Firefighter Behavioral Health, a method of dealing with emotional fallout that has been introduced by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF). The program supports Life-Safety Initiative No. 13, which calls for counseling and...