Getting Kids Psyched for Science
- CURIOUS BEHAVIOR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;3/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p14
The article offers information on the subscription video-on-demand service CuriosityStream, from Discovery Communications.
- Discovery venturing into SVOD territory. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p2
Reports on Discovery Networks Inc.'s plan to venture into the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) business. Plan to develop a VOD service from a nonpremium cable network that would be billed on a subscription basis; Features of the subscription SVOD service.
- HOW THE U.S. COMPARES WITH OTHER COUNTRIES. // Educational Leadership;Feb81, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p368
Presents excerpts from the report 'Science and Engineering Education for the 1980s and Beyond,' which was released in the U.S. in October 1980.
- Engineering Excellence. Metz, Steve // Science Teacher;Feb2012, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the role of engineering in science education.
- STEM subjects are a top priority, states Willetts. Downie, Neil A. // Engineer (00137758);4/16/2012, Vol. 296 Issue 7837, p24
The article presents the authr's views on the need for science and engineering in education for children.
- ANSEP Building Designed With Engineering in Mind. West, Gail // Alaska Business Monthly;Feb2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p86
The article features the design of the Alaska Native Science and Engineering Program Building. The two-story building has more than 12,000 square feet of collaborative learning space, including recitation rooms, a small kitchen and offices for staff and faculty. The purpose of the building is to...
- Venerable Virginia science academy welcomes new one. O'Dell, Deborah A. // Physics Today;Jun2014, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article published in the January 2014 issue about the creation of the Virginia Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine (VASEM).
- COMMENT. Weir, Naomi // Laboratory News;Feb2014, p6
The article explores the state of science and engineering education in Great Britain, which as of 2014 is facing challenges related to the proposal of the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) to amend how its conducts examinations of practical science skills.
- TEVTA revises curricula to meet industrial requirement. // Technology Times;7/20/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses revisions made in Diploma in Associate Engineering (DAE) Food Technology and Civil Technology Courses by Pakistan's Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) to bridge the gap between academia and industry, following the conduct of a Gap Analysis Study.