FCC Chiefs 'Wagon Train' Moment
- FCC OKs Neutrality Rulemaking. Eggertom, John // Multichannel News;10/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p33
The article reports that U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) agrees for the launch of a rulemaking on network-neurality principles. It notes that FCC chairman Julius Genachowski stresses the plan of the agency to establish a technical advisory process for the physical assurance of rules...
- The Global Net Neutrality Debate. Goth, Greg // IEEE Internet Computing;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the global debate over Internet neutrality and equitable network access. In the U.S., Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski has introduced the Third Way which would reclassify broadband transmission to regulate Internet service providers...
- Net Cemetery. Rosen, Jeffrey // New Republic;10/21/2009, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p10
The article examines a proposal by Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to create regulations establishing so-called "network neutrality," meaning Internet service providers could not block access to content distributed on the Internet by companies or...
- Obama's tech guy brings a new savvy to the FCC. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p1
The article focuses on the upgrade plans of the new U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski for the administrative agency's technology infrastructure.
- Obama friend heads for FCC. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/14/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has nominated his campaign adviser Julius Genachowski as head of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- At the center of the storm. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p94
Profiles Julius Genachowski, Chief Counsel to US Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt. Personal history; Career background; Accomplishments; Educational background; Philosophy.
- Moving Toward Next-Gen 911. // Emergency Management;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p14
The article describes a five-point plan proposed by Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which aims to move the nation toward next-generation 911 (NG911).
- FCC chief pessimistic about spectrum votes in Congress. Jerome, Sara // Hill;1/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is in doubt about approval of Congress the spectrum auctions to open up additional communications airspace in the U.S.
- Genachowski warns fee 'cramming'on cell phone bills will be punished. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;6/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 89, p18
The article reports that new rules have been planned to be proposed by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski that would prevent mobile carriers to hit customers with "mystery fees" on their monthly bills.