How Cable Can Help Boost Jobs
- The North Country: TEARING A WAY FROM ITS PAPER PAST PART TWO. COHEN, ERIKA // Business NH Magazine;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p14
The article discusses evolution of North Country's economy of New Hampshire (NH) with information on how to improve. It informs about project "Business Services North" created by White Mountains Community College, Northern Community Investment Corp. and NH Small Business Development Center that...
- Large or small, firms are sending employees back. Collins, Allison F. // Business Press;6/23/95, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p19
Highlights business enterprises in Texas that are allowing employees to to return to school to study. College Board statistics; Comments from business persons.
- Employers continue investing in an educated workforce. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/2/95, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
Discusses efforts of companies in Connecticut as part of their investment in an educated workforce. Offer of tuition reimbursement programs; Assistance to employees pursuing a master's in business administration; Restrictions made by some companies on the type of degree an employee may pursue;...
- THE 'TRICKY GAME' OF THE CUTS. Barrett, Katherine; Greene, Richard // Capitol Ideas;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p26
The article discusses tax cuts in the U.S. and its impact on the U.S. economy. Topics discussed include lower growth in job and income than the average of the U.S. in the Kansas after tax cuts in 2012, benefits of consistence taxation for the startups and educational and training programs for...
- Las muertes en el trabajo caen el 63% en diez aÃ±os en la comunidad de CataluÃ±a. // GestiÃ³n PrÃ¡ctica de Riesgos Laborales;dic2010, Issue 77, p08
No abstract available.
- Sawyer and Simon attend CBA Meeting. Jones, SheRico // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;4/13/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p1
Information about several papers discussed at the monthly membership meeting of Chatham Business Association held in April 2011 at the South Central Community Services in Chicago, Illinois is presented. Topics include importance of education and job opportunities, improvement of the educational...
- KEEPING COMMUNITIES ALIVE. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2013, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p90
The article presents the author's comments on the business-friendly state of Georgia. The author explains how the Georgia Department of Economic Development's Quick Start and Work Ready programs link companies to higher education facilities that provide job-specific training. The author mentions...
- Strukturen erkennen. Biester, Silke // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/25/2014, Issue 17, p0032
The article compares career opportunities in corporations to small businesses. Topics discussed include the role of education and personality in determining suitability for the respective company structures, the difficulties in changing from one to the other after years of employment in one of...
- Spy on your competition legally. Naude, Colleen // Finance Week;5/10/2002, p39
Focuses on the use of competitive intelligence (CI) by several business firms in South Africa. Need for CI training in several companies; Offer of seminars for executives at several universities; Usefulness of Internet to contact people.