Fact and Comment
- 2nd Dodd Plan Falls Short on TBTF. Isaac, William M. // American Banker;4/22/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 62, p8
The article reports on a regulatory reform bill which has been proposed for the U.S. financial industry by Senator Christopher J. Dodd. In the article the author offers his opinions on the bill. He suggests that while Senate leadership and the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama feel...
- Is The Reagan Administration Policy Toward Nicaragua Sound? CON. // Congressional Digest;Nov84, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p275
No abstract available.
- Skeptical centrists greet Dodd's sweeping reforms. Brush, Silla // Hill;11/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 134, p4
The article reports on the move of U.S. Senator Chris Dodd to release a bill to overhaul the U.S. financial system.
- Panel Passes Reg Reform; Now Comes Heavy Lifting. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the approval of chairman Chris Dodd's regulatory reform bill by the panel of the Senate Banking Committee in the U.S., but there are more to be done to the bill's more controversial provisions to make it in the right direction.
- Dodd: Finance bill a career capstone. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;10/13/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 112, p18
The article reports that U.S. Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd defended the Wall Street reform bill and the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau framing it partly as a bequest of his 30-year Senate career.
- ‘A Step at a Time’. A. T.; J. H. // Education Week;10/2/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the bill in the Congress that was agreed to be sponsored by Senator Christopher J. Dodd, Democrat of Connecticut, which would curb the possibility of federal intrusion into classrooms, according to the advocates of repeal.
- Many Bills Are Left Hanging As Hill Breaks for Elections. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 18, p9
Reports on the creation of energy and Homeland Security Department bills by the U.S. House and Senate. Views of Senator Christopher J. Dodd on terrorism-related claims; Provisions of the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA); Approval of the WRDA by the House Transportation and Infrastructure...
- Senate Reform Bill Expected to Pass Dodd Panel Without Debate. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33286, p5
The article focuses the redrafted financial regulatory reform bill which is expected to pass the panel under senator Christopher Dodd without any debate in the U.S.
- Dodd Delays Release of Reg Reform Bill. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;2/24/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 29, p3
The article reports that the introduction of U.S. Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd's revised regulatory reform bill is likely to be delayed.