Shining Some Sunlight on Retrans
- Pushing the raunch envelope. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p24
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Criticism on Comedy Central and MTV for television program indecency; Telecast of television program 'Season on the Brink' in ESPN television station; Success of the HBO program 'The Shield'.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p28
Presents a news roundup pertaining to the broadcasting and cable industry in the United States, as of June 18, 2001. Teamup between WE:Women's Entertainment network and 'Vogue' magazine to create a special on upcoming fall fashions; Agreement of TechTV and 'BusinessWeek' magazine to share...
- Separating the news from noise. Mazzocco, Vincent; Eisgrau, Mike; Borges, Maria // Crain's New York Business;9/29/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Cable Networks' Towers of Babble," by Valerie Block in the September 12, 2008 issue.
- Building a tower. Markley, Don // Broadcast Engineering;May99, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p78
Presents guidelines on building transmission towers for broadcasting. Default value for guy distance; Advice in determining the antenna and transmission line capacity of the tower; Two ways to start a tower project.
- Operating in a tapeless world. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 16, p22
Focuses on the restructuring of the broadcast origination and transmission facility of WETA-DT in Washington. Adoption of server-based facilities; Purpose of the company for shifting to digital operations; Assistance given by systems integrator Communications Engineering Inc. to the company;...
- Thousands lose BBC access in satellite switch. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/3/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 46, p68
Several thousand digital viewers lost access to British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) channels on the Sky Digital platform when the broadcaster switched its transmission to a new satellite system in the last week of May 2003. Signals from the BBC new satellite are weaker than the old system. The...
- Tower moratoria down, but not out. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the efforts made by activists against tower buildout in the U.S. Arguments against siting; Defense given by the telecommunication industry regarding tower buildout; Reason for the decline of moratoria.
- Fire Sends Moscow TV Players Scrambling. Zolotov Jr., Andrei // Multichannel News;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in Moscow, Russia, as of September 4, 2000. Impact of the August 2000 fire which destroyed the Ostankino Tower on the industry; Television networks' failure to broadcast their signals.
- Pax TV thinks its ratings are quite decent. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;09/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p4
Reports that the metered-market ratings from Pax TV network's first week of broadcasting was acceptable to Pax TV executives. Nielsen Media Research company's rating for PAX TV August 31th launch; What was the publics response to Pax TV's programming; Comments made by Steve Sternberg, senior...