Fifty Years of Labour History The Road From Malet Street: The Society for the Study of Labour History, From 1960 to the New Millennium
- Challenge, Crisis, and Renewal? Themes in the Labour History of Britain, 1960ï¿½2010. Kirk, Neville // Labour History Review;Aug2010, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p162
This article provides an overview of some of the main characteristics and developments in the labour history of Britain from the foundation of the Society for the Study of Labour History in 1960 to 2010. The article maintains that the labour history surveyed has been predominantly pragmatic,...
- Exploring Social Movements and Social Change -- Approaching an Essay Topic. Richmond, Kristy // Ethos;2014, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p23
A description of the lessons for an essay topic under the Victorian Certificate of Education Sociology Study Design is presented including the concept of social movements and social change, acquiring knowledge and developing research, and influence of social movements on social change.
- Alternative Movements:. Mitrofanova, A. V. // Value Inquiry Book Series;2014, Vol. 276, p17
The article focuses on alternative movements which refer to movements that aims a limited social change.
- LA ASAMBLEA POPULAR DE LOS PUEBLOS DE OAXACA (APPO): ACTUACIÃ“N, PROPUESTAS Y PERSPECTIVAS. Amaya, Jacobo Humberto Arellano // Chronica Mundi;2012, Vol. 3/4 Issue 1/2, p105
The research seeks to explain the development process of the Asamblea Popular de los Pueblos de Oaxaca (The Popular Assembly of the Peoples of Oaxaca, APPO) as a social movement during the crisis of legitimacy of the State (2006-2010) through different theoretical approaches. The empirical part...
- Teachers picking up where textbooks leave off. // American Teacher;May/Jun2007, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p7
The article discusses the lack of attention given to the U.S. labor movement in schools but which the California Federation of Teachers' Labor in the Schools Committee is changing. The group has created entire lesson plans for teachers to use. The article quotes Linda Tubach who criticizes...
- THESES AND DISSERTATIONS: 2001. Adeeb, Yasmin; Bennett, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p299
The article presents a list of theses and dissertations on British and Irish labor history released in 2001. They include "Economic and social aspects of the Essex coastal trade, c. 1700-1900," by Roger Becketts, "Demographic, economic and social change in the later 18th and early 19th...
- Our Community at Winchester: An Elm City Story. BRECHER, JEREMY // Connecticut History Review;Spring2014, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p120
The New Haven, Connecticut labor and labor union history exhibition titled "Our Community at Winchester: An Elm City Story" at the Gateway Community College Art Gallery in New Haven from December 14, 2013 through March 21, 2014.
- Professionalism or Inter-Union Solidarity? Organising Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, 1955-75. Gregson, Sarah; Quinlan, Michael; Hampson, Ian // Labour History;May2016, Issue 110, p35
In a recent examination of modern-day "worker voice/ Peter Ackers argued that declining membership density should impel trade unions to disavow outdated radicalism, embracing instead more "responsible" relations with employers, the state and the public. In professionalism, he maintained, trade...
- Interfaith, Interracial. Schaefer Riley, Naomi // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov2014, Issue 247, p21
The article presents the author's views regarding interfaith marriage and interracial marriage. Comments are given noting the rise in both practices in the late 20th and early 21st centuries and their overlapping treatment within the discourse of contemporary society and social research. The...