Stimulus Seekers and the Ides of March
- State to get funds to map broadband activities. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/29/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 230, p8
The article reports that New York will receive a six million U.S.-dollar federal stimulus grant to support its broadband activities.
- Communications grant is 'chance of a lifetime'. Zah, Erny // Navajo Times;4/15/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 15, pA9
The article reports on the move of Walter Haase, general manager of the Navajo Tribal Utilities Authority (NTUA), to push the construction of a fiber optic broadband network on the Navajo Nation after it has awarded with a 32.2 million dollars of federal grant.
- FEDERAL FARM BILL FUNDING RURAL BROADBAND ROLLOUTS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;9/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the federal funding of a high-speed data networks in rural communities in Iowa. Amount of fund allocated to finance broadband services for rural consumers; Criticisms on the funding; Opportunities offered by government subsidized broadband services for telecommunication companies.
- Grant Will Provide Broadband Access to Small W.Va. Town. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);9/2/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p11
The article reports on a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) grant which will provide broadband services to small towns in West Virginia in 2011.
- RURAL BROADBAND FUNDING GOING FAST IN FUTURE BUDGETS. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;5/26/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the federal funding of rural broadband communication systems in the U.S. Allocations for underserved areas under the grant program issued in May 2003; Future reductions in federal funding of rural communication projects.
- MPI Pushes Strategic Plan. Bair, Betsy // Insurance Conference Planner;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p40
Highlights the Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Professional Education Conference held in San Antonio, Texas from January 18-20, 2004. Effort of MPI to pursue its strategic plan; Contribution of the MPI Foundation; Launch of MPI Meeting Industry Exchange through a foundation grant from...
- Help with getting broadband. // Nebraska Farmer;Jun2011, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the availability of funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Connect grant program to help rural, economically challenged communities and regions gain broadband services.
- FARM BILL REDEFINES 'RURAL.'. Eaves, Joseph // Rural Telecommunications;Jan2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the 2007 Farm Bill which redefines the term rural with regards to broadband. It stresses the major role played by the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association (NTCA) in creating both the House and the Senate versions of the bill. The Community Connect Grant...
- HIA wins $50K grant for plan for high-speed Internet access. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/5/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 52, p9A
Reports on a grant received by the Hauppauge Industrial Association from the Empire State Development Corp. to develop a plan for providing high-speed Internet access to the industrial park it represents. Study of the park and its businesses being conducted by Stony Brook University's Center...