A Merger, An Opportunity
- FCC expected to approve Comcast acquisition of NBCU with Internet video conditions. Grotticelli, Michael // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;1/ 3/2011, p12
The article reports that the proposed acquisition of content provider NBC Universal by the U.S. largest cable TV operator Comcast will be granted Federal Communications Commission (FCC) approval with conditions that guarantee net neutrality standards and the fair distribution of video. To block...
- Parsing Peacock pact. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;3/12/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the merger between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. on March 11, 2010. The merger is deemed to have an impact on independent programming. Law makers were alarmed regarding the issue as the merger calls for retransmission rules to avoid potential impact on other agency...
- Unusual Allies Back NBCU Combo. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the merger of two biggest cable network companies of U.S. including Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Bridging the digital divide. STAMATIS, BILL // American Teacher;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that in October 2011, Comcast's acquisition of NBC Universal came with the stipulation that it joins the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide affordable Internet access to low income families and children in the U.S., a program called Internet Essentials.
- An Opportunity for Diversity. LIggins, Alfred // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p23
In this article the author discusses the benefits of the proposed merger between media companies Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. for independent and minority-owned television programmers and filmmakers in the U.S., particularly in the promotion of independent and diverse programming.
- Comcast Deal Boosts Media. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 28, p28
The article reports on the implications of the proposed merger of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Comcast OK near, with conditions. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/28/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 58, p3
The article reports on a series of conditions issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the proposed joint venture between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Diversity again focus at Comcast-Uni event. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;7/9/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 22, p2
The article focuses on the opinions of witnesses like Reverend Jesse Jackson on the merged Comcast Corp.-NBC Universal Inc. during their road show in Chicago, Illinois.
- Plot thickens at Comcast. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the speculation on Comcast Corp.'s post-merger plans for NBC Universal Inc. in 2010 in the U.S.