The A-Z of survival
- Editorial. Shah Rizvi, Muneer Ali // New Horizons (1992-4399);Jul2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, preceding p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including human resources development, sustainable development and the impact of feminine learning in the changing paradigms of Pakistan.
- Taking care of business: Tips for staying employed in a recession. // Public Relations Tactics;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p24
The article offers tips for people working in industries on how to endure a recession. It suggests sticking around, being a good sport, and working harder by maintaining the drive already showed when gunning for a promotion. It is also necessary to be prepared by updating the rÃ©sumÃ© in...
- Action Planning Through the Phases of Counseling. Amundson, Norman E. // Journal of Employment Counseling;Dec95, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p147
The article discusses the implications of client actions to action planning using the four phases of career counseling. Activity that helps to draw counseling to a close, to consolidate learning, and to launch a client toward a new phase of self-initiated action. Although this certainly is a...
- Simon Youth Foundation. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/28/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p49
The article features Simon Youth Foundation, a non-profit organization, located at the 225 W. Washington St. in Indianapolis, Indiana. The company's objective is to foster and improve educational opportunities, career development and life skills for at-risk youth through focused programs and...
- Frustrated with employees? Stuller, Terry // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, pC17
Offers recommendations for employers and managers on dealing with problem employees. Need for managers and employers to evaluate themselves first; Consideration of the work environment; Employee's mental attitude as a combination of the work environment and his general attitude toward work;...
- Praise what you want to flourish. Anderson, Kare // Broadcast Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p124
Explains that people can change the meaning and outcome of what they say by how they say it. Illustration on how this principle works; How this principle can be applied in personnel management.
- CONSULTING APPROACHES: TWO BASIC STYLES. Cash, William B.; Minter, Robert L. // Training & Development Journal;Sep79, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p26
Discusses two basic styles in consulting approaches. Dependence of the process-consultation model on group involvement and participation by members of the client system in the diagnostic and problem-solving stages; Assumptions of the process-consultation model and doctor-patient model made of...
- on the web. // Workforce Management;May2010, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p4
The article offers news briefs related to employee-employer relationship including the move of employers to encourage employee displays of body art as a form of self-expression, the move of federal government to promote E-Verify program and the move of the human resources people to stand between...
- Co-worker trouble? Isolate the behavior problem. Usher, Brian // Nation's Restaurant News;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p30
Opinion. Offers advice on how to handle problems with co-workers. Importance of being able to separate work needs from personal needs; Need to understand the behavioral patterns that can upset oneself; Taking action; Self assessment.