Internet Freedom a Global Issue
- Majority of women cite Internet as crucial part of everyday life. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;2/23/2006, p11
The article presents the findings of a research conducted by i-level, Handbag and iVillage regarding female Internet users in Great Britain as of February 2006. According to the research, more than 60% of women rank the Internet as the first or second most important medium in their lives. The...
- Comparing audience to server logs. Ivins, Bob; Reed, Tim // Advertising Age;1/18/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p35
This article focuses on the debate concerning discrepancies between Internet audience measurement figures and server log analysis. Server log measurement monitor usage at a very granular level and provides an anonymous measure of activity at a single Web site. Audience measurement, on the other...
- POSTED. McPhee, Sharonda // Skipping Stones;May-Aug2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the disadvantages of using internet. Though, World Wide Web has simplified social interaction, and has made it easy for users to get information about almost everything. However, it has also resulted in internet crimes like hacking. Users are warned to be careful while...
- Internet Users in China Exceed 103 Million. // Chinascope;Nov2005, p49
Reports on the estimated number of Internet users in China as of June 30, 2005. Percentage of the country's population that use the Internet; Average number of hours spent by Chinese Internet users; Information on the activities of Chinese Internet users online.
- Man's Newfound Companion. Jordon, Josh // 21st Century;Mar1999, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p13
The author discourages excessive computer and Internet use among teenagers. He shares his experience of searching the Internet for hours for a certain topic only to find unrelated homepage in Idaho. However, he also says that Internet has some benefits like middle-aged people getting gifts,...
- Where your employees get HEALTH INFO. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p24
Discusses a survey conducted by Hitwise, which monitors Internet use, 27 percent of Internet users clicked into a health-related site in May 2004, compared to 19 percent in the previous year. Most popular sites.
- Internet Users: Asia on Top. // Business Today;3/23/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Several graphs rating the Internet using countries of the world including Asia , Europe and North America are presented.
- In the New Game of Tag, All of Us Are It. Levy, Steven // Newsweek;4/18/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 16, p14
Raises the question of what the outcome of Internet tagging will be. How Internet users can put a tag on a web site in order to go back to it later; Concerns about the lack of rules governing tagging.
- netizen. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p5035
A definition of the term "netizen" is presented. It refers to a regular user of the Internet.