Don't Talk About It
- WB greases way for Sunday multiplexing. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p44
Reports the business status of the cable networks in the U.S. Decrease on the price of per hour episode; Problem of the network on additional license fee; Opinion of the advertisers on the problem of the cable network.
- How do you think cable deregulation on March 31 will affect cable rates? Matheny, Luke // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p9
Solicits the opinion of United States cable executives on how cable regulation on March 31, 1999 will affect cable rates.
- Predation in local cable TV markets. Hazlett, Thomas W. // Antitrust Bulletin;Fall95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p609
Presents a case study on the market strategies employed in local cable television markets. Exhibition of an excellent opportunity for predatory behavior by industry incumbents by the cable market; Examining the dynamics of competition.
- Cable Chiefs see need to cut fees. // Daily Variety;12/6/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 44, p5
Focuses on the solutions of programmers and system operators for the rising cable television rates in Los Angeles, California. Sources of cable rate hikes; Reason on the high rate of sport programs; Effect of restricting legislation on the cable industry.
- Rate hikes look modest, where they even exist. Farrel // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Reports that rate hikes in the United States cable television industry will remain modest if not nonexistent. Average percentage increase in rates; Increase in the cost of providing service; Issue of balancing the needed rate increase due to increased costs, with the need to keep rates low to...
- Get Ready: Cable Rates Are Rising, Again. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/2/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 49, p3
Reports on the rise in prices for cable television in the U.S. as of December 2, 2002. Percentage increase in rates of different companies; Effect of increase in programming costs on the profit of cable networks; Support of the increase in rates by senator John McCain of Arizona; Status of...
- Technology Changes Enable Direct-Response Cable. Salzinger, Steve // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p57
Comments on the effect of customers on the evolution of the cable television industry in the U.S. Complexity on the acquisition of permission for the sale of inflexible systems to customers; Difficulty of software and marketing partners to monetize customers; Marketing strategy used by cable TV...
- Cable connections. Royal, Leslie E.; Brown, Monique R. // Black Enterprise;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p193
Deals with the payments of consumers of digital cable channels in the United States. Benefits of having a cable or digital satellite service; Recommendations for consumers.
- The Business Uniform:. // CableFAX Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p1
Focuses on the problem of the cable's business services industry in the U.S. regarding the lack of uniformity among multisystem operators. Need for operators to have uniform pricing or homogenous billing; Infrastructure needed for interconnections.