A perspective on service delivery
- DATA AS PURE AS SPRING WATER. Arnold, Stephen // Information World Review;Feb2004, Issue 199, p17
Analyzes trends in information retrieval as employed by information users in the U.S. and Canada in 2004. Signs of changes in the information industry; Concept of the stovepipe information retrieval system; Details on the processing and distribution of Really Simple Syndication-compliant...
- Editorial. Miskin, Christine // Legal Information Management;Winter2004, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p217
This section presents an overview of articles dealing with the legal information management sector in Great Britain and Ireland.
- CILIP's new Framework of Qualifications. Huckle, Marion // Legal Information Management;Winter2004, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p253
This article deals with the importance of the development and introduction of Chartered Institute of Librarians and Information Professionals' (CILIP) new Framework of Qualifications for the library and information community. The current qualifications of CILIP, as of winter 2004, are allegedly...
- Jaywing rolls out Smartlists. // Data Strategy;Oct2005, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the Smartlists consumer data service launched by data services provider Jaywing. Advantage of Smartlists in consumer data handling; Basis on the creation of Smartlists.
- In Brief. // Information Today;May1990, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p42
Presents news briefs related to information management as of May 1, 1990. Information on the 1990 edition of Faxon's Librarian's Guide to Serials; Availability of the 1990 edition of the EBIS Journals List and Document Delivery Service Booklet from the International Foundation of Employee...
- Cash: An American Man/Cash (Book). Szatmary, Dave // Library Journal;6/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p73
Reviews two books. "Cash: An American Man," by Bill Miller; "Cash," by editors from "Rolling Stone."
- Brave New Library. Berry III, John N. // Library Journal;10/1/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 16, p8
Deals with the impact of technology and corporate concentration on information retrieval and management. Efforts done by the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) in the U.S. to address threats to access to scholarly information; Technological developments which threaten to...
- The Bloomsbury Conference: EUSIDIC and CLSIG Meet in London. Ojala, Marydee // Information Today;Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p35
The article reports on the highlights of the Bloomsbury Conference, a collaboration between the European Association of Information Services (EUSIDIC) and the Commercial, Legal & Scientific Information Group (CLSIG) of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) in...
- Still SLA to You and Me. Kaser, Dick // Information Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p16
Deals with the challenges facing the Special Libraries Association (SLA) in line with the changes in the information services industry. Results of the referendum on the name change of the SLA; Message of futurist Stewart Brand to SLA members at the SLA Conference in June 2003.