The Next Wave of Branded Entertainment
- Works in progress. // Transformative Works & Cultures;2015, Vol. 20, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including impact of digitization on comic book culture, contributions of fan communities towards understanding of fan culture, and a gap between mass media and celebrity studies.
- CLOWN. Gussow, Mel // New Yorker;11/11/85, Vol. 61 Issue 38, p51
Profiles clown performer Bill Irwin. Description of his style of performing; Description of his stage pieces; Personal background; Reason why he got into the profession; Themes of his performances; Educational background; Influences.
- Modern Cinema. // Fort Worth Business Press;9/24/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p50
The article presents information about several new films. A weekend's docket of extraordinary new films at the Modern Art Museum. The selections overall bespeak a preoccupation with confrontational subject matter and suggest a queasy voyeuristic bent, but one film is of general-purpose...
- THE NICHE THING ABOUT ALTERNATIVE CONTENT. Reich, J. Sperling // Boxoffice;Oct2011, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p34
The article reports on the importance of marketing campaign behind the success of any exhibitions of concerts and movies. It is stated that without the proper marketing campaign behind an alternative content event, exhibitors can not attract large crowd. It is stated that turning an alternative...
- Sharpton Fan Club. Riddle, Sam // Michigan Citizen;4/20/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 24, pA3
The article presents the author's views on the power of media to catch public attention, citing the jumbo high definition (HD) screens at the National Action Network (NAN convention of Reverend Al Sharpton who seem to have created a wider fan base through media.
- Offline: Twitterati. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Jun2014, p65
- Week in review. // Hollywood Reporter;10/31/95, Vol. 339 Issue 32, p14
Recaps developments affecting the entertainment industry around the world for the week preceding October 31, 1995. Includes former Creative Artists Agency executive Bill Haber's high-level executive position with Save the Children Federation Inc.; ABC's major program production deal with Jim...
- Clips. // Hollywood Reporter;10/26/95, Vol. 339 Issue 29, p3
Reports on various developments in the entertainment industry as of October 26, 1995. Includes `Mad TV' television show's showcasing of Rolling Stones video for the song `Like a Rolling Stone' in its premier episode; Knighting of rock musician Cliff Richard; Interest in the December 1995 issue...
- Canada actors come to terms with producers. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter;9/11/95, Vol. 338 Issue 46, p3
Reports that the Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists' (ACTRA) Performers Guild wing and the Canadian Film and Television Production Association have reached an agreement in principle on an Independent Production Agreement. ACTRA's strike threat and proposal to establish a...