'Monk's' Habit of Success
- REBORN IN THE USA. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the profits amassed by the cable television (TV) programs 'The Dead Zone' and 'Monk,' aired by the USA Network in the U.S. Percentage of viewers of the TV programs; Amount of the advertisement revenues collected; Date of the airing of the programs.
- Four for 'Zone,' 'Monk' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the decision of USA Network to air new episodes of the original series "The Dead Zone" and "Monk" in 2005. Ratings garnered by the cable television programs in 2004; Improvements in the plots of the programs.
- Schram scramming from USA's 'Monk' Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;9/1/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 42, p11
Reports that Bitty Schram will leave USA Network's cable television program â€œMonkâ€. Schram's character in the program; Career achievements; Comments of executive producer David Hoberman on USA Network's plans for the character of Schram.
- Wrapping Up a Philosophy. Hill, Lee Alan; Hall, Lee // Television Week;6/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the strategies adopted by the cable television company USA Network in television programming. Factors being considered by the network in looking for character-based shows; Concept of the television program "Monk" and "The 4400"; Information on the network's television program genres...
- USA NETWORK. // Advertising Age;2008 Cable Guide, Vol. 79, pC90
The article focuses on the cable television network USA Network, a subsidiary of NBC Universal. USA was the highest-rated cable network for the 2007-2008 season. Its prime time program schedule is completely devoted to original programming, including several rating successes such as "Monk" with...
- Hits Still Matter But . . . Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p42
Discusses how a strong television series can lift the overall primetime ratings of a television network as of February 2004. Television ratings of the recent episodes of the "Monk" of USA Networks Inc.; Comments from Jack Wakshlag, chief research officer for Turner Broadcasting System Inc., on...
- CABLE BOUNCES BACK. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/23/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 56, p4
Presents news and developments in cable television broadcasting and programming in the U.S. compiled as of June 2004. Premiere of "Stephen King's Salem's Lot" and "Monk"; Television ratings; Cable rankings; Show schedules.
- Crix rally for 'Monk,' pull USA out of funk. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, pA4
Focuses on the television program 'Monk' aired over cable television network USA Networks in the U.S. Impact of the program on the viewers; Perception of critics to the program; List of the guest stars for the program; Details of the storyline.
- Welcome Back, Hits. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the return of several television programs in the U.S. cable networks. Rating of "Monk"; Viewership share of the program "The Dead Zone"; Improvement on the time slot of the "Outback Jack."