Fact and Comment
- CALLING OUT THE FCC. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;1/21/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the call by Verizon Communications Inc. on U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide Net neutrality regulations which will maintain the open access to the Internet.
- FCC: release of 1.1 million 'fast lane' comments will lead to 'more informed' debate. Hattem, Julian // Hill;8/6/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 90, p12
The article reports on the release of 1.1 million comments on a proposed Internet regulation received by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for public debate.
- Warsaw 1920: Lenin's Failed Conquest of Europe. T. B. // Contemporary Review;Winter2008, Vol. 290 Issue 1691, p532
The article reviews the book "Warsaw 1920: Lenin's Failed Conquest of Europe," by Adam Zamoyski.
- FCC Should Learn Its Limits. Garre, Gregory // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p23
In this article the author discusses aspects on the efforts of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to regulate broadband internet services. He is critical on the measures undertaken by the FCC to govern internet access and to reclassify internet service companies as common carriers....
- Warsaw 1920. Jones, Nigel // History Today;Apr2008, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p63
Unlike Australia, Poland has never been called 'the lucky country' and understandably so. Devoid of defensible frontiers, and sandwiched between Germany, Russia and Austria, Poland's history in recent centuries has largely been one of oppression by its powerful neighbours, punctuated by frequent...
- Hurdles remain as US ponders Internet data rules. Tessler, Joelle // Buffalo Law Journal;10/22/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 85, p14A
The article reports on the proposal of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski to begin crafting regulations to prohibit broadband providers from favoring against Internet traffic. His proposal has run into strong opposition from cable and wireless companies that...
- Obama Seeks State Control Of Internet. Kerpen, Phil // Investigate;Jul2010, Vol. 10 Issue 114, p30
The article presents the author's views concerning the effort of U.S. President Barack Obama to gain control of the Internet. He states that his support to impose a strict regulation on Internet access services, along with the Federal Communications and Commission (FCC), will put him in an...
- D.C. Circuit Court Puts Net Neutrality On The Ropes. Sweete, Elijah // Moderate Voice;4/6/2010, p3
The article highlights the rulings of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit concerning the case between the Comcast Corp. and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). According to the court, the commission does not have the right to compel Internet neutrality. It...
- THE FCC TACKLES NET NEUTRALITY: AGENCY JURISDICTION AND THE COMCAST ORDER. Brauer-Rieke, Aaron K. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;2009 Annual Review, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p593
The article examines the authority of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) in issuing the Comcast Order, and relates it with the debate on the extent of Internet Service Providers' (ISP) manipulation of consumers' access to the cyberspace in U.S. It looks into the different aspects of the...