Lamenting a Jobless Recovery
- Carriage Talks Stall For CSN in Philly. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p20
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has complained that Comcast Corp. refused to negotiate for its satellite carriage Comcast SportsNet in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- DEALS RIDE TV CARRIAGE. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/3/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the conflict on retransmission contract between Dish Network Corp. and Comcast for E! and Style Network in extending the retransmission.
- Comcast sells its A&E stake. // Daily Variety;5/7/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that Comcast Corp. is selling most of the minority stake in Arts & Entertainment Network.
- Comcast, DISH spar over sports channel. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;8/3/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 92, p15
The article reports on the plan of satellite television provider DISH Network Corp. to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) following negotiations with Comcast Corp. to carry the SportsNet Philadelphia channel in Pennsylvania.
- Targeting the Hispanic Home. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 35, pA6
The article provides an overview on several cable, satellite and telecommunication providers in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., DirecTV Inc, and Dish Network Corp. It offers information on the providers' basic subscribers, contacts, and Hispanic packages. It also presents the future plans of...
- Click for More Swordplay. Spangler, Todd; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p4
The article focuses on an interactive application of A&E Television Network's History on Dish Network for the television program "Battles BC." Factoids, photos, and quizzes are featured in the application that let viewers set their Dish DVR to record upcoming shows on the channel. When there is...
- Niscayah to Close Offices, Plans to Improve Efficiency. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p33
The article reports on the plans implemented by Niscayah Group AB to cut costs and increase centralization by reducing the number of its employees and closing unprofitable offices in order to deliver an annual cost savings of 180 million in the U.S.
- A&E harnesses hit as Comcast cashes out. // Daily Variety;7/11/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the move of Comcast Corp. which has agreed to unload NBCUniversal's stake in Arts & Entertainment Network for more than three billion dollars, leaving the in the hands of co-owners Walt Disney Co. and Hearst Corp.
- MSOs Revamp VOD Strategies. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p40
Reports on the changes in video-on-demand (VOD) offerings being done by cable system operators in the U.S. to strengthen their competitive position. Information on the VOD strategy of Comcast Corp.; Plans of Dish Network and DirecTV Inc. to integrate VOD with their direct broadcast satellite...