'We need an overhaul of reward.'
- Public sector pay to be linked to service improvements. // Community Care;6/2/2005, Issue 1575, p43
Focuses on a set of principles which will dictate the future of public sector packages set by the British government. Ways to promote equal pay; Groups involved in the establishment of the principles.
- Public sector can aptly compete at certain levels. Hibberd, Gillian // Employee Benefits;Jun2007, p22
The article discusses on the research conducted by the Hay Group, which shows that public sector salaries are competitive at the lower end of the pay scale in Great Britain. It was said that local government is increasingly more competitive at managerial levels, however, it's at the top end of...
- Fair pay saves lives. Nickell, Stephen // Prospect;Jun2010, Issue 171, p15
The article discusses the wage system of public sector employees in Great Britain and the need to allow public sector employers to pay locally competitive wages.
- Unions and CBI split on regional pay packages. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;4/18/2003, p11
Focuses on the dispute between public sector trade groups and the government over regional pay settlements in Great Britain. British Chancellor Gordon Brown's stance on regional pay packages; Plans to improve flexibility of pay settlements.
- Mandate to cut workers comp costs pays dividends. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p83
Focuses on benefits of reducing public employees compensation costs in the state of Oregon. Forecast for the biennial budget cycle; Role of SAIF Corp. in compensation fund management; Collection of risk charges form state agencies.
- Osborne pay proposals 'could widen salary gap'. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;10/16/2009, p15
The article reports on the proposal of a one-year public sector pay freeze risks by shadow chancellor George Osborne that would widen the gap between public and private sector salaries in Great Britain. Osborne notes that the pay freeze would be equivalent to saving 100,000 public sector jobs....
- Pay free signals 'war on public sector'. // Community Care;7/1/2010, Issue 1825, p6
The article reports on trade union Unison's views on a two-year public sector pay freeze from 2011 proposed by British chancellor George Osborne in his emergency budget. According to Dave Prentis, general secretary of Unison, the budget has resulted in a feeling of shock and anger among public...
- Hutt hits out at regional pay plan. // Public Finance;Jun2012, Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the economic concerns over the British government's regional public sector pay plan in Great Britain in which Welsh Finance Minister Jane Hutt argues that the Treasury and pay review bodies need to take a closer look at the issue and its impact on the economy.
- Round-up. // Public Finance;7/25/2003, p15
Reports on various developments relating to the public sector in Great Britain as of July 25, 2003. Total paid in salaries to the government's 74 special advisers; Call of the Local Government Information Unit for reduction in Whitehall red tape and for overhaul of local government finance;...