CREATING NEW OPPORTUNITIES
- Save the sale, reduce the refunds. // NSGA Retail Focus;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p22
This article discusses the sporting goods industry. Advice is provided for sporting goods retailers towards reducing product refunds. The author notes that retailers should find out why customers are returning products, ask proper questions, and suggest an alternative to the product being...
- Any-Channel Retailing Vital in Dealing with More Educated Consumers. Nemec, Katie // NSGA Now;Dec2013/Jan2014 NOW Issue, p14
The article focuses on the views of Paula Rosenblum of Retail Systems Research (RSR) regarding any-channel retailing. Rosenblum's opinion of the changes in consumer behavior is given. Rosenblum' explaination of the 5 C's of Omni-Channel Retailing is referred. Four strategies to buy anywhere and...
- Holiday Sales Keep Ringing. R.F. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/11/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 121, p12
Reports on trends in clothing retail during the holiday season of 2003 in the U.S. Strong sales for sweaters and similar apparel; Popular designs; Sales for sporting goods; Insights on consumer spending attitude; Performance of several retail stores.
- TOP SPORTING GOODS RETAILERS. // DSN Retailing Today;7/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p32
Discusses the status of sporting goods retailers in the U.S., according to the 'Annual Industry Report,' compiled by 'DSN Retailing Today,' in 2001. Top sporting goods retailers identified by the report; Decline in the total sales of The Sports Authority; Number of stores opened by Hibbett...
- DECEMBER 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p214
Presents a directory of skateboarding retail stores in the U.S. Goodwill Board Sports in Conway, Arkansas; West Side Skate Shop in Tarpon Springs, Florida; Fairmont Skate Shop in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
- Interactive Sports Authority unit, prototype for future, bows in N.J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/30/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 60, p8
Features the interactive store unveiled by Sports Authority in Clifton, New Jersey. Location; Design of the interiors; Display of merchandise according to activity.
- Let's send the 'bad guys' somewbere else. Faltinek, James L. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the organized gangs of shoplifters, who worked to steal, repackage and resell such items as razor blades, infant formula and diabetes test strips. The hired shoplifters were motivated with perks that included free transportation and bail money, as needed. The gang...
- Wise sporting goods watchers are curbing their outdoor enthusiasm. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p9
Comments on the growth of sporting stores in the U.S. Increase in the interest of outdoor activities among consumers; Surge in the expansion activity of sporting stores; Concerns on the unsustainability of the growth of the industry.
- AUGUST 2004 TRANSWORLD SKATEBOARDING retail directory. // Transworld Skateboarding;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p234
Presents a list of sports retail stores for skateboarders. Vertical X-scape in Atlanta, Georgia; Real Skate in Curridabat, Costa Rica; Stone 15 in Helsinki, Finland; Melrose Sports in Cebu City, Philippines.