Don't let Elvis leave the building
- The Discomfort Zone. Reynolds, Marcia // Discomfort Zone;10/15/2015, p1
In The Discomfort Zone, Marcia Reynolds discusses how to manage a difficult conversation in order to achieve a desired outcome. She identifies the Discomfort Zone as that time of uncertainty when people are open to learning. Elements necessary for navigating the Discomfort Zone include a defined...
- The fourth bricklayer: Are you a dynamic admin? Runion Rose, Meryl // OfficePro;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses qualities of leadership or an administrative professionals. Topics discussed include a story of bricklayers which inspires administrative professionals for working with a skilled and caring visionary doing inspiring work; the need to know weakness and strengths; and the...
- Embracing Creativity. // Vision Monday;4/15/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses creativity as the definitive message for the 2013 Global Leadership Summit sponsored by "Vision Monday" titled "Imagination + Invention: Succeeding in a Culture of Change."
- Leading Comments. Volckmann, Russ // Integral Leadership Review;Aug2012, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including integral creativity and innovation, model of power and leadership, and integral design leadership.
- â€œelements of a creative lifeâ€. hutch, theresa // Cloth Paper Scissors;Sep/Oct2015, p86
The author talks about four key elements to creating an artistic life and continuing to grow as an artist, including surrounding herself with her biggest fans, daily practice, and setting challenging and attainable goals.
- Organizational Climates for Creativity. Cummings, Larry // Academy of Management Journal;Sep65, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p220
The characteristics associated with the creative individual and the identification of these characteristics have been explored in a companion paper in this Journal. Once this important task has been accomplished, the equally significant administrative question of the optimum utilization of this...
- What is Transformational Leadership? // What is Transformational Leadership?;Feb2012, p1
Video Length: Two minutes and 24 seconds. Become a transformational leader by making tomorrow better for your employees, having a noble vision, being authentic, having a growth mindset, and promoting creativity.
- Crave Success Like Lungs Covet Air. Woerpel, Herb // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/11/2013, Vol. 248 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses the aspects of being successful in business. He mentions that craving success like breathing that the when a person can reach his goals. He states that those who desire success take essential steps without hesitations. He adds that everyone can turn their dreams into...
- A personal file of stimulating ideas, little-known facts and daily problem solvers. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Sep94, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p21
Presents business-related ideas and facts recommended for businessmen. Effective ways to illicit information using the art of unstructured questioning; Characteristics of a true leader; Keeping out of office quarrels; Guidelines for motivating employees. INSET: How important is your meeting?...