BA staff show Blitz spirit
- More BA cuts on way. Noakes, Gary // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/18/2002, Issue 2501, p5
Discusses the actions taken by British Airways, an airline company in Great Britain, to cut its distribution costs. Information on its reduction of payments to agents; Overview of its pricing strategy for airline fares; Layoffs at the airline.
- Walsh unveils 'way ahead' for BA. // Business Travel World;Apr2006, p12
The article reports on the managerial job cuts to be implemented by British Airways as part of CEO Willie Walsh's new business plan. The plan to move the airline to Heathrow Terminal 5 in England in March 2008 is revealed. Walsh also announced plans to push more ticket sales to the airline's...
- British Airways. // PRWeek (London);7/3/2009, p8
The article reports that almost 7,000 British Airways employees have decided to apply for voluntary pay cuts. Eight hundred of such employees agreed to work without pay for a month. According to the airlines, about 17 per cent of its 40,000 workforce had agreed to cost-cutting options, such as...
- BA pins survival hopes on discretionary salary cuts. Churchard, Claire; Brockett, James // People Management;7/30/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p8
The article reports on an agreement between British Airways (BA) and the British Airline Pilots' Association (BALPA) regarding the implementation of a 2.61 percent pay cut for the airline's pilots. The pay cut is expected to save 26 million British pounds for BA and help the airline secure its...
- HomeCare Web Poll. // HomeCare Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p12
The article presents results of a Web poll that solicited responses from the people for measures to be taken to cut costs of home medical equipment business. Most of the responses related to cutting the number of employees, cutting salaries, freezing salaries, and hiring part-time employees.
- BA appeal blow is boost for equality in the workplace. // Personnel Today;7/26/2005, p3
This article reports that the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) has rejected British Airways PLC's (BA) appeal in the case of Jessica Starmer, the mother whose request to work part-time was refused by the airline. Starmer wanted to fly 50% of her allotted hours, but BA insisted she fly at least...
- Xerox secures five-year mailing contract from BA. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);11/25/2011, p6
The article reports on the five-year enterprise print services contract received by Xerox Managed Print Services from British Airways (BA), wherein it has been tasked with cutting the total print and mailing costs of the airline by up to 25 percent.
- Stakeholder input for BA. // Supply Management;11/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on British Airways' plan to hold workshops with internal business units in order to come up with ideas on reducing costs from the supplier base.
- British Airways to slash pound45m budget. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;10/4/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p5
Presents information on the cost-cutting plans of British Airways as of October 4, 2001. Reduction of the advertising budget; Termination of a number of employees.