Balance at breaking point
- Managing Work-Life Balance Programs in a Down Economy. Kisilevitz, Michal; Bedington, Thomas // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Dec2009, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p30
The article presents tips on managing work-balance programs in times of economic recession. Effective implementation of work-life balance programs offer substantial return on investment through increased engagement and a strengthened employment value proposition. According to the estimates of...
- Are You A Workaholic? // Successful Supervisor;Jul2010, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p4
A quiz concerning workaholism and the work and life balance is presented.
- One million tiny plays about work. Taylor, Craig // People Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p106
This section presents an anecdote about an overworking executive.
- A new work-life paradigm? // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jan2011, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p12
The article presents the insights of Wayne Hochwarter, professor of business administration at Florida States University on the roles of recession in employees' changing thoughts. According to Hochwarter, workers create a career-related questions due to recession which involve thoughts on family...
- Do Workers Work Harder during Economic Downturns? Belsie, Laurent // NBER Digest;
The article discusses the study "Making Do With Less: Working Harder During Recessions," by Edward Lazear and colleagues, that found higher productivity during recession because employees worked harder. Of the 5.4 percent increase in productivity found in the firm analyzed during the recession...
- LA FLESSIBILITÃ€ PER PADRI IMPEGNATI FULL TIME: CONTRO UNA VISIONE DEL WORK LIFE BALANCE FONDATA SULL'ANTITESI. Dermott, Esther // Sociologia e Politiche Sociali;2011, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p87
The term work-life balance is prevalent in academic literature, policy debates and popular discourse. Despite its ubiquity, the term has received relatively little critical analysis and the 'balance' which is strived for remains opaque. Drawing on qualitative empirical work with fathers who are...
- What's the single greatest benefit of allowing telecommuting? // HR Weekly;3/16/2015, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p1
The article presents the result of a February 2015 survey that reveals the benefits of letting employees work from home including improved work/life balance and increased productivity.
- Is this it? Take a look around and consider doing what you love. Cregan, Jim // Grocer;2/14/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8192, p60
The article discusses reasons why it is important to enjoy working, as well as trends in workspace that makes it fun to be at work.
- Easing Your Head Out of the Sand. Bowers, John D. // Law Practice: The Business of Practicing Law;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including workaholism and work-life balance, professional development of lawyers, and on-the-job support for attorneys with children.