Bigger Fish to Fry
- ASK US ANYTHING. // Convenience Store;9/30/2011, p99
The article presents a question and answer related to the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme score.
- Minimize Your Risk of Foodborne Illness. // Women's Nutrition Connection;Apr2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the U.S. which indicates that approximately 48 million Americans have a food-related illness every year. Senior clinical dietitian Kin Valenza mentions four important steps to food safety including...
- Arizona announces updates to state food-safety health codes. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;10/8/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the requirements for food safety in the restaurants and food chains in Arizona. Impact of the rules on the restaurants; Collaboration between government agencies and food service industry representatives; Focus of the rules on prevention of food-borne disease.
- Foundations of Food Safety. Barth, Stephen // Lodging Hospitality;May2001, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p11
Discusses ways on how foodborne illness can be prevented in food and beverage operations. Importance for employees to practice good personal hygiene; Need to clean and sanitize fixtures; Purpose of using temperature charts to log routine inspections of heating, cooling and dishwashing machines.
- The truth about foodborne illness. Thayer, Dennis // Food Management;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p88
Examines failures to follow food safety guidelines that cause foodborne illnesses in the United States. Estimates of the yearly number of illnesses caused by mishandled food; Arguments over pinpointing the exact sources of contamination that cause illnesses; Trends towards the improvement of...
- Recall hits home as a reminder of the need for focus on food safety. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/08/97, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p41
Editorial. Discusses the impact of the outbreak of food-borne illnesses on the food industry in the United States. Improvement on foodservice standards and procedures; Formation of the Partnership for Food Safety Education; Need to focus on safe food handling.
- 'Tis the Season. Sare, Chris // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2003, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p60
Presents pieces of advice on how to prevent food-borne illness during the holiday season. Description of food that are at risk of food-borne microorganisms; Significant steps in ensuring food safety; Recommended methods for defrosting raw meat and poultry.
- Food Safety: Pathogen Transmission Routes, Hygiene Practices and Prevention. Unicomb, Leanne E. // Journal of Health, Population & Nutrition;Oct2009, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p599
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses articles on the role of hygiene and food handling in pathogen transmission including one on the phenotypes of Salmonella Typhimurium isolates from food of animal origin and abattoir by Jane-Francis T.K. Akoachere et al and...
- Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Associated with Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter--Containing Products -- United States, 2008-2009. Medus, C.; Meyer, S.; Smith, K.; Jawahir, S.; Miller, B.; Vige, K.; Forstner, M.; Brandt, E.; Nowicki, S.; Salehi, E.; Phan, Q.; Kinney, A.; Cartter, M.; Flint, J.; Bancroft, J.; Adams, J.; Hyytia-Trees, E.; Theobald, L.; Talkington, D.; Humphrys, M. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/6/2009, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p85
The article reports on the outbreak of Salmonella infections in the U.S. between 2008 and 2009. An epidemiologic assessment was conducted by PulseNet on November 25, 2008 when there was a growing cluster of Salmonella serotype Typhimurium. There were 529 reports of persons in 43 states that were...