Crying out for local nourishment
- Fair trade talks. Good, Jane // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Mar/Apr95, Vol. 19 Issue 121, p11
Describes how the author and her husband made an arrangement with a dairy farmer who rented their fields. Farmer's activities and its effect on the use of the rest of the farm; Concern about the use of pesticides and road access to the lake; Rental fee; Benefits of provincial farm tax rebate...
- Reducing energy on dairy farms. Petersen, Dana // Wallaces Farmer;Jun2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p31
The article focuses on reducing the use of energy in the dairy farms.
- How to get succeed with contented cows. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/27/96, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p12
Opinion. Commends the New Hampshire dairy farms' implementation of changes in dairying in a way that benefits both the cows and the milk industry. Traditional dairying routines that were discarded to make way for dairying techniques that are more comfortable for cows; Production of more milk...
- Repairing fences destroyed in track building for Robert Craig. Craig, Robert // Farmers Weekly;3/2/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p76
The author offers an update on his dairy farm in Great Britain as of March 2012 including the interest by highly qualified candidates and students in jobs at the farm, the fencing and track building work he accomplished and the selection of First Milk as milk buyer for his new venture.
- Equity managers look to the top. // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;Jul2011, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p40
The article presents the results of a 2011 survey which revealed that 80 percent of equity managers in New Zealand dairy farms look at their positions, not as a destination, but as a stepping stone towards owning a dairy farm.
- West Country dairy businesses on offer. // Farmers Weekly;3/26/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 12, p82
The article announces that two residential dairy farms in Dorset and Devon, England that are of medium size have just become available in the market.
- Calves look for alternative winter feed. // Farmers Weekly;10/29/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 17, p46
The article features the author's dairy farming-related businesses in Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, England.
- Petition against 'super dairy' grows. // Farmers Weekly;1/14/2011, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p7
This article reports on the signing of a petition against a proposed 3370-cow dairy near Nocton in Lincolnshire, England, in 2011.
- Bowing out on big improvements. // Farmers Weekly;10/28/2011, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p38
The article presents an update from Clyde Jones, manager of a 500-cow dairy herd in Bisterne Estate, Hampshire, England.