Memo to Obama: A New Frontier
- Capitalism Needs Perestroika. Gorbachev, Mikhail // Progressive;Feb2010, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p22
The article discusses the author's view concerning needs of free market capitalism to have democratic reform like Perestroika to transform economic movement in the U.S. The author cites that the new generation of politicians acted irresponsibly by spending numerous large amount like the Cold war...
- WHAT PRESIDENT OBAMA'S ECONOMIC AGENDA MEANS FOR YOU. // Black Enterprise;Jun2009, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p73
An introduction to a series of articles about the meaning of U.S. President Barack Obama's eAmerican Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 to different people is presented.
- Economic development and tax issues fared well in General Assembly. Maybank III, Burnet R.; Hoopes, Heather // South Carolina Business Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p5
Presents updates on economic development legislation in the U.S. as of August 2002. Pro-taxpayer changes to the fee-in-lieu of taxes statutes; Amendments to the multi-county business park provisions; Technical and substantive revisions regarding estimated tax payments.
- 'Spend less time bashing banks,' more time looking for economic solutions. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p20
The article suggests that the U.S. government should concentrate more on fostering a stable economy by creating incentives to encourage spending and hiring rather than giving banks a difficult time.
- Shielding U.S. firms: tax reform vs. tariffs. // Plastics News;12/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p6
No abstract available.
- Imports Suffer. Kurlantzick, Joshua // World Trade;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p42
Discusses the impact of the 2002 recession on U.S. imports and trade policies. Discussion on import stagnation; Growth of the trade deficit; Prospective growth in sales of luxury goods and automobiles; Outlook of several economists on the economy and global trade.
- Too Early To Jump On Obama for Econ Woes. Elwyn, David L. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/12/2009, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Conflicting Obama Political Priorities Lead to Paralysis" in the September 28, 2009 issue.
- Bush stimulus package will pay dividends for our economy. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/13/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
Comments on the economic stimulus package of U.S. President George W. Bush that was delivered to the U.S. Congress in January 2003. Controversy over the exemption or exclusion of dividend income; Starting point for new tax cuts and implementation dates for tax cuts planned for the future;...
- Saving capitalism. ^Bloomfield, Mark // Hill;8/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 95, p15
In this article the author offers insights about capitalism and the prospects of the U.S. economy, and suggests economic strategies which are tailored on the principles of capitalism.