A look at the how federal economic stimulus package is functioning - or not
- Challenges Facing the Department of Transportation and Congress. Siggerud, Katherine // GAO Reports;3/10/2009, preceding p1
The article offers information on a study conducted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) concerning the funds used by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to aid economic recovery. It states that the DOT received economic assistance for transportation infrastructure projects...
- The SBA's Recovery Act role. Jones, Witmer H. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p14
In this article the author discusses the aspects of the new programs being implemented by the Small Business Administration (SBA) to get credit flowing again in the U.S. He cites the different initiatives of the program that would help small business weather the economic storm, including loan...
- The Road to Recovery. Villamil, José J. // Caribbean Business;10/7/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p15
The article focuses on the impact of the stimulus plans enforced by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration on the economic recovery in the country.
- Stimulus money to help Navajo Transit. Calvin, Carolyn // Navajo Times;11/18/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 46, pA8
The article reports on the four grants through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act stimulus that would help the transportation system in the Navajo Nation.
- Moving Beyond the Recession. Denison, Terri L. // Georgia Trend;2010 Small Business Guide Supp, p32
The author discusses how to continue operate a business and plan for its long-term success following the recession that hit the U.S. in 2008-2009. She cites the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) that was signed into law in February 2009 as a means to help small businesses to recover...
- 2010 is…. Diamond, Mike // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar2010, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p12
The article provides information on managing one's cash flow in 2010. The 2009 American Recovery Capital Loan program or the ARC program helps small business owners struggling to get their cash flow under control. With the ARC program, the Small Business Administration (SBA) provides the chance...
- Stimulus Act Helps Medicaid, Medicare, Health IT as Well as Economy. // Aging News Alert;2/20/2009, p9
The article presents information on the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009, which was signed into law by U.S. President Barack Obama on February 17, 2009.
- Remarks on Signing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 in Denver, Colorado. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/17/2009, p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama, delivered in Denver, Colorado, on February 17, 2009, on signing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- Statement on Signing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/17/2009, Special section p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama, delivered on February 17, 2009, on signing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.