We must point out ethical failings
- Beware REDA retaliation against ex-employees. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Oct2011, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1
The article discusses the case of a former employee of PCS Phosphate named Jeffrey Edwards who sued his company under the Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act (REDA) for blacklisting him when he filed a worker's compensation claim.
- Staff access to information is bad news for employers. Wilson, Penny; Mayhew, Lisa // Personnel Today;10/28/2003, p14
No abstract available.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;7/12/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p23
The article presents several legal cases concerning personnel management. In the Johnson v Medical Defence Union case, Johnson claimed the processing of the information in his files was subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and that it had not been processed lawfully. Sterling Developments Ltd...
- Why we're all still stuck on protecting data, 10 years on. Chubb, Laura // People Management;7/10/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p14
The article examines the effectiveness of the Data Protection Act in protecting personnel information ten years after its implementation in Great Britain. The government has announced a mass overhaul of the way information security is handled by its staff. Alan Warner from the Hertfordshire...
- A LITTLE CLEARER THAN MUD. Seward, Karen // People Management;1/24/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p17
Examines the provisions of the 1998 Data Protection Act and the 2000 Regulation of Investigatory Powers. Discussion on the employment code of practice; Information on the confidentiality of personnel files; Data records and filing system used in human resource management.
- A black mark on the building industry. // Building Design;6/21/2013, Issue 2066, p11
The article argues on the practice in construction industry on blacklisting construction workers which is the subject of the Panorama programme, saying that the practice has been going on since it was first exposed in 2009.
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Personnel Today;4/10/2007, p23
The article presents information on several employment related legislations to be implemented in 2007. The Equality Act (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2007 is due to come into force from April 30, 2007. The Smoke-free (Vehicle Operators and Penalty Notices) Regulations 2007 will come into...
- Happy to provide a reference? Edwards, Gareth // Credit Management;Aug2013, p34
The article focuses on the value of references in career development. It suggests that the approach to providing references must be consistently applied to all employees to avoid risk of discrimination and unlawful victimization. It emphasizes that employers should be aware of references to the...
- The performance consultant at work. Sorohan, Erica Gordon // Training & Development;Mar96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the basics of human consultancy practice. Core competencies that must be developed by performance consultants; Commonly encountered factors that affect human performance; Advice from performance consultants on how to prepare for a performance consultancy practice; Effect of the trend...