Of might and mien
- resilience in turbulent times - does your organisation have what it takes? Tweedy, Frances // Human Resources Magazine;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on keeping the organisation resilient in coping with the economic times for thriving in the industry and achieving company growth. Company employees can reportedly become resilient by giving them the feeling that their lives are under their control, that they can effectively...
- RESILIENT AND RESOURCEFUL. Gwyther, Matthew // Management Today;Feb2010, p7
The article focuses on the importance of resilience to allow firms survive the recession in the U.S. It has been suggested that firms need to have the ability to adapt and find way to overcome adversity. Being smart and imaginative are some of the important characteristics that should be...
- Tough times test battered consumers. // Fund Strategy;9/22/2008, p18
The article examines how consumers are getting along with the economic downturn in the U.S. It states that the recession will have a different impact on consumers who are feeling the intense impact of the economic situation. It mentions that consumers are anticipating that the tax rebate scheme...
- Treatment center will explore resiliency. Lisnow, Franklin // Addiction Professional;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article by Bruce Campbell in the March/April 2010 issue that was concerned with resiliency dynamics in recovery programs.
- You Can't Keep a Good Man Down. Kislik, Liz // Operations & Fulfillment;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p32
Presents an article on ways to cultivate resilience in employees. Importance of employee motivation efforts; Correlation between resilience and employee retention; Significance of resilient employees to business success.
- Desarrollo de los RR.HH. La resiliencia, un mecanismo vivificador para la empresa. Luis Orts, José // Capital Humano;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 246, p26
No abstract available.
- LESS OF THE 'L' WORD. Lucas, Bill // People Management;5/4/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p7
The author reflects on the use of the word learning in personnel management. He argues that learning is the only sustainable source of competitive and social advantage. Resourcefulness and resilience are among the new curriculum of lifelong learning. It may be possible that the less use of the...
- Five ways HR can lead firms out of these uncertain times. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/19/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p16D
Provides tips for human resource to lead businesses out of the uncertain times. Promotion of the intrinsic value of the company; Establishment of an organization that thrives on change; Advantage of being resilient.
- STRATEGIC VERSUS GRATUITOUS MENTORING: A PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION. Udeh, Igwe E.; Omar, Adnan // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Apr2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p44
Mentoring as a human resource management tool has been an important element in business and industry. The needs of individuals in modern organizations are so diverse that the one-on-one relationship offered through mentoring has been found useful in filling some of the staffing gaps in large and...