Should strategies for care of avalanche victims change?
- Government helping typhoon vics: Palace. CALICA, AUREA // Filipino Reporter;12/25/2015, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p27
The article reports on the coordination of various agencies and the Philippine government to provide disaster relief assistance to the victims and areas hit by Typhoon Nona and Tropical Depression Onyok in Bulacan and Pampanga, Philippines.
- FEMA apps now available for fire victims. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/12/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article reports that the Texas Division of Emergency Management and the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) are urging wildfire victims in Hill County, Texas to apply and register for FEMA state and federal recovery assistance.
- Nationwide Insurance Foundation Announces $100,000 Donation to Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that the Nationwide Insurance Foundation has donated 100,000 U.S. dollars to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund (ARCDRF). It mentions that donation has been made to help people across the U.S. to overcome damages from wildfires, storms in the Midwest and Mid...
- Nationwide Insurance Foundation Announces Donation to Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund for Colorado Fire Relief. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that the Nationwide Insurance Foundation (NIF) has donated 100,000 U.S. dollars to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund (ARCDRF). It mentions that donation has been made to aid disaster victims across Colorado to overcome damages from wildfires, storms in the...
- FEMA urges Texans to keep in touch. // Malakoff News (TX);7/17/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 29, p5
The article reports that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the State of Texas was urging disaster survivors in several counties of the state to keep the implementation of recovery process offered by the agency.
- Time is now to shape future of N.O. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/8/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p18
The author reflects on the development of recovery plans for the community and people in New Orleans, Louisiana. After hurricane Katrina attacked the city, it is of significance to consider plans and programs that will help for the city's recovery. The Unified New Orleans Plan was developed with...
- Traumatolï¿½giai triage tevï¿½kenysï¿½g, minosï¿½gbiztosï¿½tï¿½s a traumatolï¿½giï¿½ban. ZOLT�N, Z�BORSZKY; CSILLA, KOV�CS; G�ZA, �CS; K�ROLY, FEKETE // Magyar Traumatolï¿½gia, Ortopï¿½dia, Kï¿½zsebï¿½szet, Plasztikai;2011, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p169
Although modern classification systems have not been introduced in the internationally well known Hungarian traumatological management yet, it is the traumatologist examining the injured patient who must recognize the further life-threatening conditions in the background of the injury. In the...
- Mobilizing Forces to Cope with Hurricane Sandy. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;11/1/2012, p1
The article discusses steps being taken by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), in coordination with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to assist victims of Hurricane Sandy in 2012. It notes its effort to reach out to farmers and ranchers in states affected by the disaster....
- Transforming victims to survivors. Gaither, Israel L. // Caring (Salvation Army - USA Western Territory);Sep2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p44
The article reports how the Salvation Army has transformed disaster victims in the U.S. into survivors through emergency assistance and human services during times of disaster. It discusses how its pre-established emergency plans and existing relationships with governments enable its officers to...