- Operators to investors: Death knell not near so don't fear the Reaper. Lockyer, Sarah E. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/2/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p9
The author reflects on the dynamics of foodservice industry in the U.S. amidst the recession. She states that restaurant operators believed that the foodservice industry can survive and eventually thrive the existing recession which brought demolished investment in the industry. She conveys that...
- A Sweet Spot In Rising Demand For Equities. Alan R. Elliott // Investors Business Daily;3/ 3/2014, pB02
As investors move away from concerns about the sustainability of the global recovery and fear that shocks could thrust the U.S. economy into a second recession, analysts at RBC Capital Markets see Kansas City-based
- The Cutting Room Floor. Flaherty, Robert J. // Equities;Sep2002, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p4
Analyzes the condition of the investing system in the U.S. Renewal of investor trust after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack; Information on the NASDAQ Top 1000 companies in the region; Changes in the U.S. market.
- Mixed signals on economy keep investors off balance. Davies, Stephen A. // American Banker;4/6/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 66, p22
Reports on investors' uncertainty over the economy. Impact on the financial market; Implications of the drop in interest rates and the runup in stocks; Decline in the average fixed-rate mortgage; Role of the Federal Reserve Board in creating a `soft landing' for the economy.
- RECESSION OR OPPORTUNITY? Britton, Diana // Registered Rep;Nov2011, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p25
The article reports on the John Hancock's Investor Sentiment Survey which reveals that 73 percent of investors are pessimistic about the long-term future of the U.S. economy.
- WorldCom May Force Administration's Hand. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;7/22/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p47
Discusses the economic impact of the announcement of WorldCom that it had disguised billions of expenses. Views by U.S. President George W. Bush on WorldCom's announcement; Response of investors to the economic and political problems in the U.S.; Effect of investor confidence on consumers;...
- Good news/bad news U-turns make the market ride dizzying. Harding, Sy // New Hampshire Business Review;02/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
Comments on the conflict of opinions of analysts and investor confidence on the economic condition of the United States. Inconsistency in the analysis of Alan Greenspan, chairman of the Federal Reserve Board; Inflation at the producer level of the price index; Importance of seasonal timing in...
- Investors seek silver linings. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p30
The article reports on the hope of investors that the disappointing report on the economy will push the U.S. Federal Reserve to take more action to get the economy going.
- Thirty Percent of Investors Optimistic About 2010. // Spectrem High Net Worth Advisor Insights;Jan2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p4
The article highlights the results of the 2009 survey which shows that 30% of investors are optimistic about their financial situation in 2010.