In Business, Simplicity Is Golden
- It Pays to Have Integrity. Welsch, Butch // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/23/2009, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p25
The article discusses the importance of integrity. It emphasizes that integrity is to do the right thing even if no one knows that the person is doing it. The author relates his experience in which his car was hit by another vehicle, and the couple reimbursed him the repair cost. The implication...
- Restoring business credibility and trust. Verdisco, Bob // DSN Retailing Today;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p21
Comments on building or restoring credibility and trust in business. Changes in business ethics; Importance of restoring credibility and trust; Suggestions for business executives.
- Good marketing requires honesty, simplicity. Desiderio, Charles // Las Vegas Business Press;01/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the importance of honesty and simplicity in marketing. Marketing as a positive exposure of a product, service or cause; Need for the streamlining of marketing technique; Need for the establishment of relationships with customers.
- Credibility Matters. Booher, Dianna // American Salesman;Apr99, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the importance of credibility in business. Credible qualities of a business; Steps in developing credibility; Advantages of having credibility.
- Ethical approach to business pays in the long run. Fox, Fred L. // Inside Tucson Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p23
Asserts that ethical approach to business pays in the long run. Articles casting doubts on the benefits of honesty; Freedom for the mind for better things after telling the truth; Difficulties in establishing relationship to someone who is lying.
- Virtues and vices. Schroeder, Daniel // Network World;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p87
Emphasizes the significance of virtue-based ethics on the quest for business morality in the United States. Enumeration of virtues and vices in the Information Age; Importance of values identification in obtaining virtues and minimizing vices; Impact of discipline and experience on personal and...
- Corporate Ethics Can't Be Reduced to Compliance. Rea, Peter; Kolp, Alan; Ritz, Wendy; Steward, Michelle D. // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;4/29/2016, p2
The article offers ideas on adopting a virtue-based approach to corporate ethics including restoration of trust, a concern for fairness, and helping people practice self-control.
- Virtues and Represented Temporary Lead Safety. Cohenno, Tom // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;1/19/2017, p1
The article focuses on the moral obligation of the temporarily upgraded line worker to a lead position and the represented foreman, and presents a chart depicting the process used to clarify moral obligations and necessary virtues.
- Business ethics in the banking sector. Dhakan, Ali Akbar M. // Economic Review (05318955);Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p17
Discusses the issue of business ethics in the banking sector of Pakistan. Instances where a code of ethics for a business can be said broad; Five skills a business manager should possess; Principles upon which business and profession should be based; Principles for the successful and profitable...