In Business, Simplicity Is Golden
- It Pays to Have Integrity. Welsch, Butch // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/23/2009, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p25
The article discusses the importance of integrity. It emphasizes that integrity is to do the right thing even if no one knows that the person is doing it. The author relates his experience in which his car was hit by another vehicle, and the couple reimbursed him the repair cost. The implication...
- Restoring business credibility and trust. Verdisco, Bob // DSN Retailing Today;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p21
Comments on building or restoring credibility and trust in business. Changes in business ethics; Importance of restoring credibility and trust; Suggestions for business executives.
- Credibility Matters. Booher, Dianna // American Salesman;Apr99, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
Discusses the importance of credibility in business. Credible qualities of a business; Steps in developing credibility; Advantages of having credibility.
- Ethical approach to business pays in the long run. Fox, Fred L. // Inside Tucson Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p23
Asserts that ethical approach to business pays in the long run. Articles casting doubts on the benefits of honesty; Freedom for the mind for better things after telling the truth; Difficulties in establishing relationship to someone who is lying.
- Good marketing requires honesty, simplicity. Desiderio, Charles // Las Vegas Business Press;01/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the importance of honesty and simplicity in marketing. Marketing as a positive exposure of a product, service or cause; Need for the streamlining of marketing technique; Need for the establishment of relationships with customers.
- Virtues and vices. Schroeder, Daniel // Network World;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p87
Emphasizes the significance of virtue-based ethics on the quest for business morality in the United States. Enumeration of virtues and vices in the Information Age; Importance of values identification in obtaining virtues and minimizing vices; Impact of discipline and experience on personal and...
- Business ethics in the banking sector. Dhakan, Ali Akbar M. // Economic Review (05318955);Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p17
Discusses the issue of business ethics in the banking sector of Pakistan. Instances where a code of ethics for a business can be said broad; Five skills a business manager should possess; Principles upon which business and profession should be based; Principles for the successful and profitable...
- Business ethics in the banking sector. Jaffery, Syed Sabir Ali // Economic Review (05318955);Oct96, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p55
Explores business ethics in the banking sector. Emergence of unethical banking practices; Attempts made to discipline banking operations; Characteristics of banking genetics; Susceptibility of money transactions to unethical temptations; Banker-customer relationship; Banker's right of Set-off;...
- Business culture and dishonesty in the banking industry. Cohn, Alain; Fehr, Ernst; Maréchal, Michel André // Nature;12/4/2014, Vol. 516 Issue 7529, p86
Trust in others' honesty is a key component of the long-term performance of firms, industries, and even whole countries. However, in recent years, numerous scandals involving fraud have undermined confidence in the financial industry. Contemporary commentators have attributed these scandals to...