The governor gets it right on residential treatment
- Correlation and causation. Cox, Stephen // Liberty (08941408);Sep2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p8
The author deplores the way the state governors of California manage its finances which in five years, raised revenue by 25% but expenditure also climbed 40% thereby rendering the state bankrupt. According to the author, to mitigate the collapse, the state is mounting an unremitting campaign to...
- Leadership Notes. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p10
The author reflects on the development of a resource system in prisons and correctionals in New Hampshire. He stresses on the budget increase asked by the New Hampshire Department of Corrections to sustain the capacity of the prisons, however, the state department controlled it as mandated by...
- Monitoring and evaluation as tools for enhancing public expenditure management in Ukraine. SLUKHAI, SERGII // Financial Theory & Practice;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p217
There are reasons to think that key elements of a performance-based budgeting methodology have already become a part of the mechanism for public expenditure management in Ukraine. At the same time, there still remains the issue of linking budget expenditures to the specific results achieved by...
- DEFICIT DRAMA New traction for old ideas. // Crain's New York Business;5/7/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p0008
The article offers information on the report of the Independent Budget Office (IBO) which offers ideas to save the money of New York. It mentions that the report released in April 2011 itemized 72 ideas, saying that various ideas included in the report were old and have existed since the...
- Wearin' of the green. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/14/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p30
The article reports on the inaugural address of New Hampshire governor John Lynch and the American environmentalism.
- John Lynch, mainstream Republican. Mosca, Ed // New Hampshire Business Review;11/25/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p20
No abstract available.
- Untitled. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/16/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p4
A photograph is presented of Governor John Lynch receiving the first Walter R. Peterson Education and Public Service Award.
- N.H. governor signs civil unions. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/7/2007, Issue 1015, p20
The article reports that Governor John Lynch has signed the civil union bill in New Hampshire. According to the author, New Hampshire will be the fourth state to allow same-sex marriage and the first to permit it without a court order. Episcopal Bishop V. Gene Robinson states that the bill...
- State computer upgrade seen as saving millions. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/4/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p15
The article reports on the statement made by New Hampshire Governor John Lynch during the July 26, 2006 ceremony regarding the replacement of the old computer and paper financial management system used by the state government with new one. He said that this new accounting system will save...