CAVALRY COMING, BUT WHEN?
- Adieu, 2008. Piontek, Steve // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/15/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 42, p6
The article discusses the economic condition in the U.S. in 2008. At the start of the year, so much has changed and collapsed. American International Group Inc. that once the very symbol of insurance has been brought so low in short period of time. Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns have gone for...
- Deluxe Earnings, Stock Down. Wade, Will // American Banker;1/26/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 16, p9
The article reports that stock prices in Deluxe Corp. dropped significantly in January, 2009 after the company announced lower revenues in the fourth quarter of 2008. Deluxe reported that revenues dropped by 11% for the quarter compared to the same period in 2007. It blamed poor economic...
- With No. 1 a memory, Pandit's Citi struggles. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;11/3/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p1
The article presents information on the losses suffered by Citigroup Inc., which was once the world's largest bank. It is reported that Citi shares have lost 65% of their value, and the company has so many troubled assets that it is no longer a leader in U.S. finance. It is stated that Citi CEO...
- Saks sacked as revival hits recessionary wall. Cordova, Elisabeth Butler // Crain's New York Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the decline in the shares of Saks Inc. due to tumbling housing market, soaring gasoline prices and fears of a worsening credit crunch in the U.S. For the fiscal year ended February 2, 2008, Saks reported earnings of $47.5 million, or 31 cents per share, compared with a...
- Equity prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr98, p7
Reports on share price trends in the United States. Evidence that the `bubble' is about to burst; Characteristics of the `new economy'; Concerns over high price/earnings (P/E) ratios; Forecasting bear markets.
- Job data good for investors. Bryson; Schannep, Gregory // Inside Tucson Business;09/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p22
Presents economic indicators. Stock prices of Arizona businesses for September 8, 1999, including AlliedSignal Inc.; Asarco Inc.; Burr-Brown Corp.; United States employment figures; Wage increases.
- Guest analysis. Drueke, Paul // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p18
Justifies the price levels of American equities in recent weeks prior to January 4, 1999. Consistency between prices and ongoing economic environment and corporate performance; Factors which soften the blow of the global economic crisis; 1999 gross domestic product growth.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/05/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p33
Comments on the economic status of the United States. Valuation in stock prices; Depreciation of other currencies against the dollar; Industries with plunging stocks.
- US shares priced for a perfect outcome. Murrill, Maureen; Shan, Ed // BRW;09/01/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p19
Focuses on the impact of the accelerating national economy in the United States on the increasing share prices in the year 2000. High technology boom attributed to stock price growth; Analysts' confidence that high wealth is likely to keep demand growth rising.