CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S "BULLETIN NO. 19" ON DENTAL EDUCATION
- CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S BULLETIN ON DENTAL EDUCATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1928, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p145
The article discusses the contents of the nineteenth bulletin of the Carnegie Foundation which explores dental education in the U.S. and Canada. The bulletin contains a report by professor William J. Gies on the dental schools in both countries. Essays are also included on the scope of modern...
- QUOTATIONS FROM COMMENT RELATING TO THE STATUS OF DENTISTRY. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1929, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p759
An excerpt on the status of dentistry from the twenty-third annual report of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching is presented.
- Carnegie Selects Prominent Scholar As New President. Honawar, Vaishali // Education Week;1/16/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that education researcher Anthony S. Bryk will assume the position of president of the California-based Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, a research and policy foundation, in August 2008.
- Worldwide Promotion of Adhesion in Dentistry -- A Dream? Roulet, Jean-François // Journal of Adhesive Dentistry;
The author reflects on the creation of the International Academy for Adhesive Dentistry on June 14, 2013 during the fifth International Congress on Adhesive Dentistry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which decided to make the "Journal of Adhesive Dentistry" its official journal.
- Of Many Things. G. W. H. // America;11/9/1985, Vol. 153 Issue 13, preceding p289
The article focuses on news and issues concerning the Catholic Church in the U.S. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching reported a survey which indicated the dissatisfaction of teachers with their profession. An increase in the number of students is anticipated in the 1990s....
- EDUCATION/TRAINING. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/17/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p12
The article reports on the selection of the University of Utah and Southern Utah University by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its 2010 Community Engagement Classification.
- The Unnecessary College. // America;3/9/1935, Vol. 52 Issue 22, p510
The article looks into the struggle of maintaining college institutions. Dr. Walter Albert Jessup, President of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, believes that what counts in maintaining a college is intelligent leadership, high morale, and the courage to be sincere with...
- Carnegie Selects Lipscomb University for 2010 Community Engagement Classification. // Tennessee Tribune;1/13/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2/3, p14A
The article announces that Lipscomb University has received the 2010 Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- NOTES ON AN ETHICAL QUESTION IN DENTAL SCIENCE. BARRETT, THOMAS J. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1923, Vol. 5 Issue 4, following p280
The article presents a speech by Dr. Thomas J. Barrett at a meeting of the First District dental Society of the State of New York at the New York Academy of Medicine, October 1, 1923, in which he discussed professional ethics in the dental field, the construction of the Carnegie Foundation for...