COMMENT ON THE FALSITY OF VARIOUS PUBLISHED CLAIMS FOR CERTAIN DENTIFRICES
- ANCIENT HISTORY THAT COMMERCIAL DENTAL JOURNALS CONTINUE TO IGNORE. GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1919, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p507
This article focuses on advertising claims made for the dentifrice Pepsodent. The author explains that the toothpaste does not have the ability to digest dental mucin plaques as the advertisements suggest, nor can it dissolve plaque. The author believes such advertising is misleading and...
- Big Crest for P&G. Lawrence, Jennifer // Advertising Age;2/25/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p10
This article unveils the plan of Procter & Gamble Co. to launch two major initiatives for its Crest toothpaste brand in Summer 1991. Procter & Gamble will launch the Crest Neat Squeeze toothpaste on April 1. The company also plans to improve Crest's market position as the leading toothpaste for...
- Arm & Hammer readies first major Mentadent challenge. Weisz, Pam // Brandweek;6/27/94, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p3
Reports on Church & Dwight Co.'s launching of the Arm & Hammer PeroxiCare toothpaste, a blend of peroxide and baking soda to compete with Chesebrough-Pond's Mentadent brand. Packaging; Market shares of both brands.
- Emphasize therapeutic aspect of oral care. // Drug Topics;5/23/94, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p93
Reports on the marketing of oral care products in the United States. Growth opportunities of the oral care market; Sales and prices of oral care products.
- The American oral orgy is just at the beginning. Weisz, Pam // Brandweek;2/7/94, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p28
Highlights the status of the oral care market. Aging baby boomer market; Increase in new products; Use of baking soda by various companies; Whitening formula segment; Pricing; Innovations in the use of triclosan, an antibacterial ingredient for plaque; Toothbrushes and toothpastes for children;...
- Oral hygiene shows gains... // Drug Topics;1/24/94, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p54
Reports on sales growth in the oral hygiene market from 1992 to 1993. Study on retail sales by New York City-based Packaged Facts; Sales growth forecast in 1998.
- An oral report. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;5/06/96, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p25
Cites Euromonitor's report predicting that worldwide sales of oral hygiene products will increase by the end of the 21st century.
- Shopping for oral care products by brand. Fried, Lisa I. // Drug Store News;6/5/95, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p15
Presents the results of a study on the merchandising of oral care products by brand in the United States. Increase of sale from the side by side shelving of similarly branded products.
- Dentrifice market continues strong. // DCI;Mar1994, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the growth of the oral hygiene market in the United States. Study by Packaged Facts; Sales of mouthwashes, denture products and breath fresheners.