- PEOPLE POWER. Fewell, Jesse // PM Network;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p21
In this article the author discusses the practical application of agile methodology that project managers must consider in addressing his or her relationship with customers and colleagues. He relays that project managers are trained to build robust, well-structured plans. He notes that a good...
- Achieving IT Program Goals with Integrative Conflict Management. Jiang, James J.; Chang, Jamie Y. T.; Chen, Houn-Gee; Wang, Eric T. G.; Klein, Gary // Journal of Management Information Systems;Summer2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p79
Information technology (IT) programs are collections of projects structured to meet goals established by top management regarding the use of technology. Prior research has established the importance of commitment to the organizational goals set by top management and a shared understanding of the...
- Plan Your Projectâ€”Naturally. // Successful Supervisor;Sep2011, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p4
The article offers insights on how to plan one's project naturally. Productivity specialist David Allen says that getting one's thoughts together can be a simple process with a little of natural planning. It provides tips on how to make planning works which include defining one's purpose,...
- Is `Out To Lunch' Becoming Out of Favor? // USA Today Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 128 Issue 2658, p8
Looks at a survey which reveals the working pattern among business executives.
- Holidays wreak havoc among colleagues. Silvera, Ian // Lawyer 2B;8/9/2013, p9
The article reports that according to research conducted by OfficeBroker.com, one in 20 respondents had strategically booked their days off to spite a co-worker, and 13 percent of respondents kept quiet about their holiday intentions for fear of co-workers booking the same time.
- What co-workers never want to hear. // Administrative Professional Today;Aug2012, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p1
The article presents a discussion of how to maintain a good relationship with co-workers, adapted from the article "5 Things to Never Say to a Co-Worker," by J. T. O'Donnell.
- Online mentor. // People Management;Aug2013, p51
The article presents answers to the question of how to make friends in the workplace while maintaining professionalism.
- Help me, Rhonda. Scharf, Rhonda // OfficePro;Aug/Sep2015, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p34
The article provides an answer to a question relating on how to deal with a coworker attacking another worker verbally and publicly.
- 5 reasons to love team-building. // Communication Briefings;Dec2015, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p5
The article discusses some of the benefits of team-building activities for companies including building trust, improving communication and promoting creativity.
- Sometimes, you just need to say 'no'. // Communication Briefings;Dec2015, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p1
The article offers tips for declining requests for help in the work environment without disappointing or alienating one's officemates or colleagues.