ASHP Past President George Phillips dies at 95
- Pharmacists versus non-R.Ph. store managers. Miller, Dennis // Drug Topics;9/15/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 18, p18
Focuses on the conflicts between non-pharmacist store managers and pharmacists in drug stores. Reason behind the conflict; Implication of the conflict on the operations of drug stores; Authority that should be designated for the positions; Steps that can be taken by both parties to resolve the...
- ASHP past president Arthur Dodds dies at 102. Thompson, Cheryl A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/15/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p1541
The article reports that Captain Arthur W. Dodds, Sr., president of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) in 1966-1967 and a former chief of pharmacy services in the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) died on July 30, 2012 of natural causes.
- Appointment. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p13
The article announces that Melissa Murer Corrigan, has been appointed as the Vice President of the Test Development, ACT Inc. with headquarters in Iowa City, Iowa.
- IN MEMORIAM. Jerome Arthur "Jerry" Halperin 1937-2015. Bauman, Hannah // HerbalGram;May-Jul2015, Issue 106, p75
The article presents an obituary for Jerome Arthur "Jerry" Halperin, former chief executive officer (CEO) of the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) and former director of the U.S. Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) Office of Drugs.
- Appointments. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p290
No abstract available.
- ASHP past president Herbert S. Carlin dies at 78. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p652
An obituary for Herbert S. Carlin, the 1998 Hugo H. Schaefer Award recipient, and a past president of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), is presented. INSET: Milestone in career of Herbert S. Carlin.
- News Briefs. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p1192
The article offers news briefs related to pharmacy including professionals selected for the American Pharmacist Association's 2011 One to One Patient Counseling Recognition program and honorary doctorates received by William A. Zellmer, president of Pharmacy Foresight in Bethesda, Maryland.
- ASCP on the prowl for new leader. Zwillich, Todd // Drug Topics;4/21/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p67
Reports on the plan of Tim Webster, the executive director of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists in the U.S. Search of the group for a replacement; Achievements; Awards received.
- Executive viewpoint: How can chains get closer to caregivers? // Drug Store News;11/3/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p14
Presents the views of pharmaceutical executives on the relationship between caregivers and drug chains in the U.S. Importance of training for pharmacists; Development of customer loyalty through good relationships; Utilization of automation and technology by pharmacists to better serve caregivers.