- Raphael Samuel, 1935-96. // History Today;Feb97, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p36
Presents an obituary for historian Raphael Samuel, ,1935-1996. His role in founding the History Workshops and its journal; Samuel's enthusiasm in `Theatres of Memory' which was published in 1995; Positive outlook of Samuel; Person who shared the inspiration of Samuel.
- THE PERSONAL POLITICS OF RAPHAEL SAMUEL. MASLEN, JOSEPH // Biography: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly;Winter2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p209
The article presents an examination into the life of the British historian Raphael Samuel, his institutional and ideological legacy, and his particular work in describing the British communist movement of the mid 20th-century. Details are given overveiwing Samuel's career, highlighting his...
- OBITUARY: Raphael Samuel, 1934-1996. Kirkman, Pat // Journal of Design History;1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p329
An obituary for historian Raphael Samuel in London, England is presented.
- Recent Deaths. Trefousee, Hans L.; McCully, Bruce T.; Hendrickson, Walter B.; Swecker, Zoe; Haas, Arthur G.; Ritsch, Frederick F.; Smith, Goldwin // American Historical Review;Dec78, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p1396
Presents obituaries of U.S. historians. John A. Carpenter, head of department at the Fordham University in New York City; Harold Lees Fowler, faculty of Arts and Sciences at the College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia; Alfred J. Henderson, professor of history at the MacMurray...
- The history man. // New Statesman;12/13/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4314, p49
Presents a reprint of an essay written by historian Raphael Samuel on his History Workshop project. Workshop's emphasis on the use of primary sources; Workshop's opposition to the examination system; Complexity of the relationship of the workshop to the universities.
- Obituary. Brady Jr, T.A. // German History;Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p571
Presents an obituary for historian Heiko A. Oberman who died on April 22, 2001 in Tucson, Arizona.
- The inner history. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;08/28/99, Vol. 116 Issue 23, p831
Pays tribute to Sidney E. Mead, an American historian, who died in summer, 1999. His Views on history, self-knowledge, culture and religion; Some excerpts of his talks.
- Obituary. Nenadic, Stana // Scottish Economic & Social History;2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Presents an obituary for Scottish historian Leah Leneman who died on Boxing Day 1999. Published works; Career and educational background.
- GERALD D. NASH. // Western Historical Quarterly;Spring2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p130
Pays tribute to historian Gerard D. Nash, who died on November 11, 2000. Cause of death; Personal background; Career highlights.