Henryk Katz (1914-1990)
- The Death and Life of American Labor. Walchuk, Bradley // Labor Studies Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p288
No abstract available.
- Milestones in the history of organized labor. Gray, Robert T. // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p22
Presents the history of events that occurred in organized labor in the United States. Details on launch of umbrella organizations in 1866-1880; Information on rail workers strike against Pullman Company in 1894; More.
- Archive Deposits. Williams, Katherine // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter98, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p324
Presents manuscripts and archival materials relating to labor history in Great Britain. Correspondence and papers of trade unionist Thomas Vincent Flynn; Tony Lane's research papers relating to Pilkington Glass; Minutes and papers from the Post Office Engineering Union.
- Badgering the Union. Martin, Paul K. // History Today;Jan94, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p9
Reflects on the creation of a new `super union' in June 1993 in England. Discussion of how Unison was created by an amalgamation of the three main public sector union. Historical information the union movement in England; `The Life of a Docker's MP,' by James Sexton; More.
- The Rise and Fall of the Israeli Labour Movement: Part One. Shaal, Gil // Contemporary Review;Feb2000, Vol. 276 Issue 1609, p64
Discusses issues which are of relevance to the rise and fall of the Israeli Labour Movement (ILM). Origins of the ILM; Accomplishments of the movement; Activities embraced by labour-sponsored co-operatives.
- CORRECTION: "Who were the Conscriptionists?". // Labour History;May1970, Issue 18, p60
A correction to the article "Who were the Conscriptionists?" published in a previous edition of the journal is presented.
- Books: Review/commentary. Warner, Jessica // Contemporary Drug Problems;Spring93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p157
Comments on the essay `The Tavern and Politics in the German Labor Movement, c. 1870-1914,' by James Roberts. Discussion on the political role of taverns during the Franco-Prussian War in 1871.
- The Nigeria civil service union, 1919-1922. Okonkwo, Rina // International Journal of African Historical Studies;1993, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p609
Focuses on the labor movement of the Nigeria Civil Service Union (NCSU). Battle for salary increases; Higher posts opened for Africans; Support from the Lagos press and the nationalists; Historical assessment of the NCSU.
- Labor history and its challenges: Confessions of a Latin Americanist. Bergquist, Charles // American Historical Review;Jun93, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p757
Notes the decline of the labor movement in the United States, ideological crisis affecting the Left after the collapse of the Soviet bloc, and the appeal of neo-liberalism. Concept of control in labor studies; Gender analysis in labor history; Globalism as a challenge to the definition of labor...