- Rebecca's Children: A Study of Rural Society, Crime, and Protest (Book). Dunkley, Peter // American Historical Review;Dec91, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p1541
Reviews the book `Rebecca's Children: A Study of Rural Society, Crime, and Protest,` by David J.V. Jones.
- Reds in the Blue Line. Hochschartner, Jon // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 103, pA4
The article discusses the history on the development of radicalism as socialists of national reputation started to proselytize in Essex, New York.
- The French Socialist Party and Its Radical Ambiguity. Cole, Alistair // French Politics, Culture & Society;Winter2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p29
The French Socialist Party has maintained a deeply ambivalent relationship with political radicalism. Throughout its long history, political radicalism has been experienced both as an internal political contest (hence as a form of intra-party struggle for influence) and as a relationship within...
- Crime in Nineteenth Century Wales. Weinberger, Barbara // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Spring93, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p76
The article reviews the book "Crime in Nineteenth Century Wales," by David J.V. Jones.
- Constructive and Destructive Radicals. BECK, ANTHONY J. // America;11/12/1921, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p83
The author reflects on constructive and destructive radicals. He defines destructive radicals or ultra-radicals as those belonging to the Bolshevik camp, and thrives in social unrest and the exploitation of man, especially the poor. On the contrary, he says that constructive radicals are those...
- What is Policy, Social Policy and Social Policy Changing. Vargas-Hern�ndez, Jos� G.; Noruzi, Mohammad Reza; Irani, Farhad Nezhad Haj Ali // International Journal of Business & Social Science;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p287
Today we are experiencing good improvements in policy, social policy and policy making. A lot of good researches have been done on these issues and helped for the development of policy. The contributions of university professors, politicians and elites cannot be considered low. And the academic...
- What concerns pre-service teachers about inclusive education: An international viewpoint? Sharma, Umesh; Forlin, Chris; Loreman, Tim // KEDI Journal of Educational Policy;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p95
This study examined concerns of 603 pre-service teachers regarding the inclusion of students with disabilities into regular schools prior to teachers obtaining training in special education. The sample of the study was selected from tertiary institutions located in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong,...
- Platform of the Socialist Party. // Platform of the Socialist Party;2009, p1
Presents the text of the platform of the United States' Socialist Party published May 12, 1912. Denouncement of capitalism; Reasons for the denouncement; The class divisions under capitalism--the capitalist class and the working class; Goals of the Socialist Party; Other aims.
- Voices from the Past. Lynd, Staughton // Journal of American History;Sep1989, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p479
Presents a speech by historian Staughton Lynd, delivered at the New University Conference in May 1968. Requisite to be a radical intellectual in the U.S.; Effect of university life on radicalism; Fundamental problem for full-time college teachers.