Harry Robert Brashear Jr., MD 1921-2010
- A long s-t-r-e-t-c-h. // Current Health 1;Dec89, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p9
Explains a new method for lengthening limbs that was invented in the Soviet Union. Almost painless; Good news for those walking with crutches or a limp.
- What's that sound? Bricklin, Mark // Prevention;Aug95, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p144
Presents information on crepitus, a physical condition giving a sound coming from the knee or shoulder. Possible causes according to orthopedic experts.
- A bone-lengthening technique adds inches to a teenager's leg--and answers her prayers. Johnson, B.; Breu, G. // People;10/16/89, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p49
Talks about Maria Yusty, 13, whose left leg was left six inches shorter than her right from a shooting accident. The leg was stretched through an innovative bone-lengthening procedure developed in the USSR 38 years ago by Dr. Gavril Abramovitch Ilizarov. Procedure and background.
- Correction. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2013, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p4
A correction to the article "Study: Aspirin as Effective as Warfarin for Prevention of Blood Clots After TJR" in the April 2013 issue of "Orthopedics Today" is presented.
- Orthopedic care, training and research coalesce at Case School of Medicine. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p56
The article describes the developments in the Department of Orthopaedics at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Orthopedic training in India: Time to change. Vahanan Natarajan, Mayil // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;May/Jun2012, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p257
The author highlights the needs to change the 50 years old orthopaedic postgraduate curriculum in India. According to him, in order to meet the global standards, the course duration should be increased; courses in orthopaedic subspeciality like spine, trauma and hand can be introduced and more...
- Pearls. Papciak, Michael R.; Gregorace, Joseph G. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p15
Presents practical tips on the treatment of orthopedic cases. Roller shins; Tennis elbow treatment; Epicondylitis clues from a handshake; Limb markers before surgery.
- Abstracts. Thompson, Clint // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Jul-Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p265
Presents an abstract of the article `The Influence of Experience on the Reliability of Goniometric and Visual Measurement of Forefoot Position,' by D.L. Somers, J.A. Hanson and others, which was published in the `Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy' dated 1997.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Oct96, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p436
Presents an abstract of the article `Prufung einer langsohligen viskoelastischen Weichpolster-Einlegesohle,' by H.O. Hardt, reprinted from the periodical `Medizinisch-Orthopadische Technik' dated 1996.