- ROXANE KERR. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p24
The article profiles Roxane Kerr, vice president of technology at C-Span Networks. Kerr oversees the technical infrastructure of the company's three television networks, online division, radio networks and internal information technology operations. The article highlights Kerr's contributions to...
- C-SPAN Promotes Swain, Kennedy. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 49, p39
This article describes how C-Span has promoted Susan Swain and Rob Kennedy, two longtime top executives, to co-president. C-Span is preparing a line of succession for Brian Lamb, who has built the channel and headed it for 25 years. These promotions are an important step towards an eventual...
- Out Like a Lion. Lamb, Brian // Broadcasting & Cable;3/26/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 13, p34
The author reflects on C-SPAN founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Lamb. The author stresses the contribution of Lamb in helping change the social appearance of television and public perception of politics. The author considers the importance of Lamb's passion in journalism and love...
- A Founder Looks Back -- and Forward. NEEL, K. C. // Multichannel News;5/14/2012, Issue 20, p30
The article focuses on the changes in the management at Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN) in the U.S. It mentions C-SPAN founder Brian Lamb passes the day-to-day operations of the public affairs network to co-chief executive officers (CEO) Rob Kennedy and Susan Swain. It notes that...
- In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Lion. // Multichannel News;3/26/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p10
An interview with founding chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Lamb of C-SPAN is presented. When asked how he started C-SPAN, he refers to his work in the Office of Telecommunications Policy in the U.S. He mentions the reasons why he donated the channel to the country. He also notes the push of...
- Department of Corrections. // New Republic;5/20/2009, Vol. 240 Issue 8, p6
Corrections are presented to the articles "Free Fall" and "Bravo Company" both of which appeared in the May 6, 2009 issue.
- C-SPAN helps viewers bypass liberal spin of major media. Duff, Marilyn // Human Events;2/17/95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the use of the Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN) to broadcast political events in the United States. Proposal of former Republican congressman Newt Gingrich to use Special Orders to disseminate conservative views through C-SPAN; Special Orders as a duty of members of the...
- THE UNAFFORDABLE 'SCARE' ACT. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/21/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 39, p17
The article reports on the television network C-Span, which covers the ongoing horror as of late October 2013 as a result of the U.S. federal government shutdown/breakdown/patch-up.
- Happy 15th Anniversary To C-SPAN's Book TV. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;9/16/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p32
The article focuses on 15th anniversary celebrations of Book TV, weekend programming block about nonfiction books, of C-Span Television Network.