- Decoys and disguises. Moore, Keith // Professional Engineering;7/10/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p52
Focuses on the lifestyle of dockyard engineers in Great Britain in the 19th century and early 20th according to papers donated to the Institution of Mechanical Engineers' archive. Details of the papers which the Navy declassified.
- Maritime maneuvers. Sachner, P.M. // Architectural Record;Feb1989, Vol. 177 Issue 2, p118
Reports on Seattle Central Community College's new Marine Technology Facility designed by The Miller/Hull Partnership. Located in Seattle, Washington's old waterfront quarter of Ballard.
- New outboards for `91. McKeown, B. // Outdoor Life;Oct90, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p16
Discusses how boating manufacturers will be offering specific new motors for various boating and fishing needs. Specifics on several 1991 models from Outboard Marine, Mercury Motors and others.
- Plug-in power. McKeown, B. // Outdoor Life;May91, Vol. 187 Issue 5, p18
Looks at the latest models of electric outboard motors for boats. Trolling motor development; Specific motors on the market; Listing of sources for trolling aids.
- New power for powerboats '93. // Outdoor Life;Oct92, Vol. 190 Issue 4, p76
Offers a preview of new marine engines. Attempts of manufacturers to satisfy fishermen; Innovations designed to improve offshore performance; Model specifics including the Evinrude OceanPro, Johnson OceanRunner and Yamaha Pro V 115.
- MERCURY 175 OPTIMAX. Sass Jr., George // Yachting;Jun2001, Vol. 189 Issue 6, p54
Offers a look at the features of the OptiMax V-6 marine engines from Mercury Marine for 2001.
- Transom treatments. Stearns, B. // Field & Stream;Feb1989, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p76
Describes three major and successful modifications that can be made to the transom of an outboard motor to improve speed, riding comfort, fuel efficiency and shallow-water capability. Trim tabs; The jack plate; Fins for the cavitation plate. INSET: For more information..
- A new breed of V-6's. Stearns, B. // Field & Stream;Dec90, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p84
Looks at several new V-6 outboard motorboats. Includes Outboard Marine Corporation's (OMC) new 158 c.i.d. and 175 Spitfire series and V-6 Silvestar series; Mercury Marine's 153 c.i.d. 200-hp; Suzuki's new 225-hp; and Yamaha's V76x 250-hp.
- New outboards for '93. Stearns, Bob // Field & Stream;Mar1993, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p94
Discusses 1993 models of outboard boat engines. Evinrude's OceanPro series of V-6 engines; Electro-deposition process (E.D.); Johnson's OceanRunners V-6 engines with advanced weldable steel; Mariner V-6 Magnum models; The Mercury 150XRi and the 15XRi; Suzuki Bass 150; Yamaha Pro V 115; More. ...