John Neville Ormrod
- Physicians moving abroad. Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;03/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p744
Reports on the number of active Canadian physicians moving abroad. Reduction in 1997; Variations per region; Increased net loss of physicians in the 1990s; Increasing number of physicians returning to active status.
- Alberta MDs concerned about primary care role. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p972
Reports that 83 percent of physicians in Alberta are concerned they will lose their role as primary care providers to other health care practitioners, according to a 1996 fall physician-opinion survey by the Alberta Medical Association. Percentage of respondents who agreed that there is an...
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Lyon, Paula; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p151
Presents statistics on the largest physician groups in Chicago, Illinois, which were ranked by number of physicians.
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p131
Presents a list of physician groups in Chicago, Illinois. Criteria for ranking the groups; Number of board certified physicians in different groups; Information on number of managed care contracts.
- Checking up on your doctor. // Consumer Reports;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p62
Discusses how consumers can find a trustworthy doctor. Databases with information on doctors; Confirmation of a doctor's credentials; Record of disciplinary action taken against a doctor; Malpractice history; Recommendations.
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOCIAL CLASS AND CERTAIN ATTITUDINAL VARIABLES: IMPLICATIONS FOR HEALTH CARE. Barney, Joseph A.; Fredericks, Janet; Fredericks, Marcel; Robinson, Patricia // Education;Fall91, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p150
Derives from data gathered in a twenty-five-year longitudinal reassessment of a group of physicians previously studied (Fredericks and Mundy, 1976 and 1980). Examination of social class and some selected attitudinal variables of the respondents;Method; Summary.
- Medical joint-venturing: An ethical perspective. Greenberg, R.M. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
Argues that joint ventures and limited partnerships by doctors may involve conflict of interest and ethical questions. Legal controversies; Medicare and Medicaid laws; Patient trust.
- Client/doctor communication. // HealthFacts;Jun92, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
States that one in four Americans report leaving a physician because of poor communication. Results of a survey conducted by Miles Pharmaceutical Division and reported in the May 1992 issue of The American Osteopathic Association's journal, `The DO'; Gender differences found in the study; More.
- Impact of tax sanctions on physician practice acquisitions... Hardy, C. Thompson; Lyden, Shawn M. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p62
Explains why tax-exempt healthcare organizations should use the after-tax discounted cash flow method to determine the value of a physician practice. Drawbacks of an asset approach methodology when applied to the valuation of physician practice; Key criteria for assessing physician compensation...