John Neville Ormrod
- Physicians moving abroad. Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;03/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p744
Reports on the number of active Canadian physicians moving abroad. Reduction in 1997; Variations per region; Increased net loss of physicians in the 1990s; Increasing number of physicians returning to active status.
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Lyon, Paula; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p151
Presents statistics on the largest physician groups in Chicago, Illinois, which were ranked by number of physicians.
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p131
Presents a list of physician groups in Chicago, Illinois. Criteria for ranking the groups; Number of board certified physicians in different groups; Information on number of managed care contracts.
- Checking up on your doctor. // Consumer Reports;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p62
Discusses how consumers can find a trustworthy doctor. Databases with information on doctors; Confirmation of a doctor's credentials; Record of disciplinary action taken against a doctor; Malpractice history; Recommendations.
- Medical joint-venturing: An ethical perspective. Greenberg, R.M. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
Argues that joint ventures and limited partnerships by doctors may involve conflict of interest and ethical questions. Legal controversies; Medicare and Medicaid laws; Patient trust.
- Client/doctor communication. // HealthFacts;Jun92, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
States that one in four Americans report leaving a physician because of poor communication. Results of a survey conducted by Miles Pharmaceutical Division and reported in the May 1992 issue of The American Osteopathic Association's journal, `The DO'; Gender differences found in the study; More.
- Impact of tax sanctions on physician practice acquisitions... Hardy, C. Thompson; Lyden, Shawn M. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p62
Explains why tax-exempt healthcare organizations should use the after-tax discounted cash flow method to determine the value of a physician practice. Drawbacks of an asset approach methodology when applied to the valuation of physician practice; Key criteria for assessing physician compensation...
- Why hospitals lose money on physician pratices. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p108
Discusses why hospitals in the United States lose money on physician practices based on a survey of physician practice acquisitions conducted by Center for Healthcare Industry Performance Studies (CHIPS). Discussion of survey results; Definition of a variable referred to as `Derived Practice...
- Medicopolitical digest. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/7/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6971, p63
Presents news reports concerning physicians in Great Britain. Includes the rejection by the General Medical Services Committee (GMSC) of the Department of Health's offer for out of hours work; Implementation of sanctions by senior hospital doctors if local pay is imposed on them; Deferral of...