John Neville Ormrod
- Physicians moving abroad. Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;03/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p744
Reports on the number of active Canadian physicians moving abroad. Reduction in 1997; Variations per region; Increased net loss of physicians in the 1990s; Increasing number of physicians returning to active status.
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Lyon, Paula; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p151
Presents statistics on the largest physician groups in Chicago, Illinois, which were ranked by number of physicians.
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p131
Presents a list of physician groups in Chicago, Illinois. Criteria for ranking the groups; Number of board certified physicians in different groups; Information on number of managed care contracts.
- Checking up on your doctor. // Consumer Reports;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p62
Discusses how consumers can find a trustworthy doctor. Databases with information on doctors; Confirmation of a doctor's credentials; Record of disciplinary action taken against a doctor; Malpractice history; Recommendations.
- Medical joint-venturing: An ethical perspective. Greenberg, R.M. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
Argues that joint ventures and limited partnerships by doctors may involve conflict of interest and ethical questions. Legal controversies; Medicare and Medicaid laws; Patient trust.
- Client/doctor communication. // HealthFacts;Jun92, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p1
States that one in four Americans report leaving a physician because of poor communication. Results of a survey conducted by Miles Pharmaceutical Division and reported in the May 1992 issue of The American Osteopathic Association's journal, `The DO'; Gender differences found in the study; More.
- Medicopolitical digest. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/7/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6971, p63
Presents news reports concerning physicians in Great Britain. Includes the rejection by the General Medical Services Committee (GMSC) of the Department of Health's offer for out of hours work; Implementation of sanctions by senior hospital doctors if local pay is imposed on them; Deferral of...
- Pretending physicians and other new breeds. Dunea, George // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/7/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6971, p65
Focuses on physicians with master of business administration degrees and other so-called `pretending physicians'. Kind of chiefs of medicines who belong to the breed; Resentment by clinicians of the decisions made by theoretician staff officers; Women and minorities among medical students.
- Augustus White to head U. of Md. Health Center. // Jet;7/3/89, Vol. 76 Issue 13, p21
Reports on the appointment of Dr. Augustus A. White III as the first black president of the University of Maryland Health Center in Baltimore.