Stan Shipley (1930-99)
- Obituaries. Marlow, Laurence; O'Day, Rosemary; Holmes, Colin; Howkins, Alun // History Workshop Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 1999 Issue 49, p274
Pays tribute to three historians. David Englander; Sidney Pollard; Stan Shipley.
- Bombardier Billy Wells: The Life and Times of a Boxing Hero. Clapson, Mark // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Fall94, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p75
Reviews the book "Bombardier Billy Wells: The Life and Times of a Boxing Hero," by Stan Shipley.
- Club Life and Socialism in Mid-Victorian London. Marlow, Laurence // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring72, Issue 24, p86
The article presents an overview of Stan Shipley's pamphlet titled "Club Life and Socialism in Mid-Victorian London." This pamphlet is the latest and most interesting addition to the series of monographs which have been earlier published. He has taken as his subject the neglected field of clubs....
- LETTERS TO THE EDITORS. McIlroy, John; Roberts, Stephen; Pollins, Harold // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Fall95, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p158
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including review of Stan Shipley's "Bombardier Billy Wells: The Life and Times of a Boxing Hero" in volume 59, number 2 issue, and the role of NCLC in army education during and immediately after the war in volume 60, number...
- Thank you, Jimmie Heuga. // Momentum (19403410);Spring2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p16
The article presents an obituary for Olympic skiing medalist Jimmie Heuga, who also became known for advocating the value of exercise for people with multiple sclerosis.
- Deaths. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2011, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p58
The article presents obituaries for Leo J. Gehrig, former physician and former director of the American Hospital Association's Washington, D.C. office and for Stephen A. Morris, the former president of the American Hospital Association's board of trustees.
- Bernadine P. Healy. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2011, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p62
The article presents an obituary for Bernadine P. Healy, the former director of the U.S. National Institute of Health.
- Deaths. // Christian Century;1/29/97, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p94
Reports on the deaths of religious individuals in the United States for the week ending in January 29, 1997. Ursula M. Niebuhr, founder and chairwoman of Barnard College's religion department; Harry C. Spencer, a pioneer communicator in the United Methodist Church; Milton B. Engebretson, sixth...
- Obituaries A-C. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p72
Presents brief obituaries for Sid Abel, Joey Adams, Carl Albert, Rafael Alberti, Steve Allen, Yehuda Amichai, Hafez al-Assad, Hoyt Axton, Sirimavo Bandaranaike, Ian Bannen, Paul Bartel, Leonard Baskin, Giorgio Bassani, Daisy Bates, Tex Beneke, Mary Kay Bergman, Rose Bird, Habib Bourguiba, Bill...