RESOLUTIONS, ADOPTED BY THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF DENTAL SCIENCE, EXPRESSIVE OF THE ACADEMY'S APPRECIATION OF WILLIAM JARVIE, M.D.S
- MINUTE, ADOPTED BY THE FACULTY OF THE SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY OF COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, EXPRESSIVE OF THE FACULTY'S APPRECIATION OF WILLIAM JARVIE, M.D.S. DUNNING, WILLIAM B.; WAUGH, LEUMAN M. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1922, Vol. 4 Issue 2, preceding p39
An obituary for dentist William Jarvie is presented.
- Striking at the heart of dietary quackery. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Nov/Dec97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the campaign against nutrition quackery in the United States spearheaded by William Jarvis, chief of the National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF). Case example of misinformation uncovered by Jarvis' organization.
- NCAHF executive director. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Nov/Dec97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, The NCAHF Bulletin Board p1
Reports that William Jarvis has been appointed as executive director of the National Council Against Health Fraud (NCAHF).
- The beast with five fingers. Steinberg, Don // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul95, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p66
Reports on the findings of National Center for Infectious Diseases researcher William Jarvis that health care workers' failure to wash their hands causes the development of multidrug-resistant pathogens. Hands as carriers of infection; Efforts to improve hand-washing practices among health care...
- Upper Canadian Bureaucrat. // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Features the life of the English soldier William Jarvis in early Upper Canada. Post of Jarvis during the American Revolutionary War; Impetus to the adversaries encountered by Jarvis in the region.
- Pat on the Backâ€¦. // AAOS Now;Jun2012, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p46
The article offers updates on several physicians in the U.S. including the appointment of Steven R. Garfin as president of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery, the Physician Citizen of the Year Award given to William J. Jarvis, and the selection of Giles R. Scuderi as...
- Why Futurism Has a Cultural Blindspot. VANDERBILT, TOM // Nautilus;Sep/Oct2015, Issue 10, p64
In this article, the author focuses on futurism having a cultural blindspot, and mentions that the book "Time Capsules: A Cultural History" by William E. Jarvis depicting the concept of time capsules.
- APIC study shows C. difficile prevalence higher than ever. // Materials Management in Health Care;Dec2008, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the increasing incidence of Clostridium difficile, a bacterium that may cause serious infection of the colon when antibiotics destroy normal gut flora in the U.S. According to the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) study led by...
- MRSA drops in ICUs, but BSI battle awaits in wards. // Hospital Infection Control & Prevention;Apr2009, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p41
The article focuses on the decline of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection in intensive care units (ICU). It says that infection prevention initiative has proven to be a success after it posted a declining rate for the MRSA central line-associated blood-stream infections...