Pete Apsit, 1937-1999
- An arkful of animals. Louderback, Jeff // Figurines & Collectibles;May/Jun98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p46
Provides information on the Character Collectibles artist Pete Apsit. His animal sculptures; How his art career started; Other sculptures made by Apsit.
- Ewen Henderson, 1934-2000. // Ceramics Monthly;Jan2001, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the death of British ceramist Ewen Henderson in October, 2000, due to cancer. Educational background and teaching career; Henderson's description of his sculpture.
- Prominent African-American sculptor dies at 84. // New York Amsterdam News;01/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p36
Reports the death and burial of sculptor John W. Rhoden in New York, New York. Contribution of Rhoden to the art community; Awards and achievements of Rhoden; Educational and family background.
- Peter Voulkos 1924-2002. Autio, Rudy; Slivka, Rose; McCloud, Mac; Mason, John; Kaneko, Jun; Selz, Peter; Callas, Peter // American Craft;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p38
Pays tribute to ceramic sculptor and artist Peter Voulkos, who died on February 16, 2002. Career background; Awards received; Tributes from fellow artists.
- Richmond Barthe. // New Crisis (15591603);May/Jun99, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p36
Pays tribute to sculptor Richmond Barthe, who died in 1989. Interest in racial themes, portraiture, the theater and religion; Information on some of his famous sculptures; Educational and professional background.
- The Lasting Legacy of Henry Moore. Cheng, Scarlet // World & I;Dec2001, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p96
Pays tribute to English sculptor Henry Moore, who died in 1986. Review of the exhibition 'Henry Moore: Sculpting the Twentieth Century'; His contribution to scupture; Background on his career in sculpture.
- Connecting incongruities. Kahn, Wolf // Art in America;Nov92, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p116
Selects six young sculptors in whose work the author finds many of the same formal values that, he believes, define critical worth in his own medium. The author's struggle against an esthetic generation gap; Artist Tom Friedman; The Vermont Studio Center; Artist Andy Yoder; Artist Beverly...
- Tunga at Galeria Paulo Fernandes. Costa, Eduardo // Art in America;Jul94, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p103
Reviews the exhibition featuring the sculptures by Brazilian sculptor Tunga at Galeria Paulo Fernandes in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Dark art. Rugoff, Ralph // Vogue;Sep92, Vol. 182 Issue 9, p352
Examines a new generation of British sculptors whose Neo-Conceptual art finds inspiration in death and the macabre. Leading the movement is Damien Hirst, 27, with Rachel Whiteread, Marc Quinn and others filling out the group. Recurring theme; Indifference to cultural theory; Materials.